Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cornedbeef Posts: 152, Reputation: 4

Sep 2, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Recipe for a decent batter
    Hi all, I wonder if anyone can suggest a decent recipe for a thick batter to do things like fritters etc. Thanks. Richard
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 02:09 AM
    Do your normal batter try mixing it with fizzy bottled water or beer for a different taste and texture the air in it makes the batter lighter you can also add a sprinkle of mustard powder.
    cornedbeef Posts: 152, Reputation: 4

Sep 4, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Thanks a lot. I will try that. I like the idea of using mustard in particular.
    Cheers Richard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a decent clamp meter [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking to buy a decent clamp meter. In case I'm using the wrong term, here's a picture of what I'm referring to: http://www.globalspec.com/NpaPics/31/90923_031020041314_ExhibitPic.jpg The thing is, I'm kind of confused by all the choices out there. I'm looking to spend a maximum...

Fluffy batter [ 6 Answers ]

I recently got a deep fryer I have tried a few different things With fish and chicken I would like to make a batter that turns out Fluffy/puffy how do I do this? Thanks mike

Some decent image edits [ 2 Answers ]

I get junk every day... only a rare few are worth passing along...

Recipe Trade: Here's my MarsBar Cheesecake Recipe (A real winner!) [ 1 Answers ]

From My Family Kitchen to Yours.. Want to trade a tried and tested family favorite? Here's one from my kitchen.. MarsBar Cheesecake, perfect for a Special Birthday - Sure to put a smile on that Birthday Persons dile:) This recipe is for a LARGE Cake - if you are catering for a smaller...

View more questions Search