Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

Sep 7, 2005, 06:33 PM
    How to fix this error...
    Well its about outlook express... every time I open it there's an error show here it is:

:confused: The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D.

and

:confused: The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 1080, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

What and How to fix it... please help...
    tdogg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2005, 07:03 PM
    tyler
    whenever I try to send a message it say pop3 smtp, port:25 secure(ssl) no, socket error. 11001, error number: 0x800cccod
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2005, 04:45 AM
    Email
    Hi,
    Please contact your Internet Service Provider's (ISP) HelpDesk, or Technical Support. A customer service rep will be able to guide you through setting up your Outlook Express configurations.
    Also, there is the possibly that your ISP's email server is "down", not working at the moment.
    Please call them.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    sboyles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 11:58 AM
    The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'HTTP', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
    nicole_wade Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2007, 10:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by avel
    Well its about outlook express... every time i open it there's an error show here it is:

:confused: The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D.

and

:confused: The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 1080, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Sincerely,
    Nicole Wade
    david wu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 10:12 AM
    When I insert the disk the window show the yellow triangle sign and show problem with shortcut ,the drive or network connection that the shortcut 'CD Drive.ink' refers to is unavailable.Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and try again.
    How can I do this problem
    aqeelabbas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 12:59 PM
    :( DEAR FRIENDS I M FACEING A PROBLEM WHILE SENDING MAIL HELP ME
    The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
    gazz topps Posts: 1, Reputation: 3

Jan 15, 2009, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tdogg View Post
    whenever I try to send a message it say pop3 smtp, port:25 secure(ssl) no, socket error. 11001, error number: 0x800cccod
    :):):)
    tonypcm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 09:27 PM
    The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
    rumpfbuddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tonypcm View Post
    Same as above
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2010, 01:14 PM

That error message means the account server (.com or whatever) couldn't be found. It'd be like trying to connect to Yahoo and it just wasn't there.

Either you entered your information wrong when setting up the account, the account you were using changed their information, or they are offline right now. You can also check to make sure you have firewall exceptions and your ISP isn't blocking port 25.

Good Luck.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2010, 11:20 PM

I didn't check the date... OP is several years old...
    rezamra Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 09:15 AM
    The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'IMAP', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
    roger.trek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2011, 10:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by avel View Post
    Well its about outlook express... every time i open it there's an error show here it is:

and

irtazasethi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2011, 02:09 AM
    plzz solve mx prblm.. whn I snd mx mail u sme1 then thiz erroe.. (The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D)comes... so, tell me solution 2 solve that prblm
    malazraki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2012, 06:25 AM
    Dear Nicole, I have the same problem. Did you get it fix. How? Can you share the procedure?
    Marcos
    [email protected]
    dot1harg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2013, 02:24 PM
    how do I fix The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
    Subject 'do you have mycological society in Tillmook, OR area', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
    dot1harg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2013, 02:28 PM
    How do I fix error dealing witth pop3 and smtp servers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ATI error [ 2 Answers ]

When I downloaded radeon 9550 256 mb I get this message "ZERO DISPLAY SERVICE ERROR" How can I fix this? XP Home 512 memory 80 g hard drive

My dos error [ 2 Answers ]

I try to install a software but my computer say there is error: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application My computer...

Error [ 2 Answers ]

I have a game I tried to download and all that comes up is the message as follows. 16 bit c drive / autoexc.nt system file not suitable. It's a old game that says for win 95 and I have a win. XP does this matter? Thank you

Vxd error - win me os [ 3 Answers ]

Windows ME refuse to startup on a friend's system. It sticks with this error message: An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C004C715 in VXD VFAT (01)*000025. This was called from 0028:C182A5C0 in VXD voltrack (04)*00000430 It may be possible to continue normally. Well it doesn't continue...

DNS Error [ 2 Answers ]

Cannot go to www.livejournal.com on this computer but can go to it on the computer that is networked upstairs. Why is this? And how can I fix it. This comes up http://search.ninemsn.com.au/dnserror.aspx?FORM=DNSAS&q=www.livejournal.com and I click on the link to the same website from their and then...

View more questions Search