Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JDW1889 Posts: 66, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 09:36 AM
    Do you believe in zombies?
    I believe that spirits exist but what about zombies? One time me and my friend went to this one abandened house and we look inside and there was a lot of knives and other sharp objects. Then one of my friends screamed and when I asked him what was wrong he said there was a face in the window. When I looked it was gone. I asked my friended what ti looked like he said he didn't have a left eye and some of the skin on his face was torn off. It really freaked him out and now he won't go out after dark and won't go in very tight places.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 10:26 AM
    I do not believe in zombies,unless it is a person waking up from a long coma.
    Dead people are just that dead.

The spirit world is a totally different thing and I believe it exists,but I do not believe they are the souls of the dead.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 2, 2007, 10:33 AM
    I don't believe in zombies either, I like the movies and video games though.
    Josh123313 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Zombies aren't real yet but wait until the end of the world
    Katie12197 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 02:06 PM
    No zombies spirits are real though

Jan 8, 2009, 02:46 PM
    Are you crazy didn't you read the bible "and the dead shall rise from the grave"
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

Jan 11, 2009, 09:14 PM

Blah... Zombies freak me out soooo much!!

The reason why is because I believe zombies are a possibility, like there are some scientific explanations and stuff that could actually prove the existence of zombies, or ar least their creation... YUCK YUCK YUCK!!
    lostandlonely Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Jan 20, 2009, 08:01 PM

People have been declared dead, when in fact they are are not that their heart rate slows down to an undetectable beat. And then have "rose from the dead"
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

Jan 20, 2009, 08:41 PM

So wait... I'm a little confused by these zombies...

On some movies they are after your brains... but in others they want your blood... and they are seen in movies just chomping on corpses, like on arms or something... so what do they really want?
    Katie12197 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh123313 View Post
    Are you crazy didn't you read the bible "and the dead shall rise from the grave"
    MEANING SPIRITS! In their own way they are like zombies but they are not flesh or skin it's the soul of the body so really ghost are zombies but not like in the movies with the rotting flesh and blood every where so really after I thought a about it GHOSTSAND ZOMBIES r THE Same :))) :rolleyes: :p
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Jan 26, 2009, 05:34 PM

In a dream, or a dream state like a shamanic trance, one can see all kinds of things. If I was doing a shamanic journey and ran into a particular being that had a lot of "death energy" around it, it might appear to me in the way you describe--a corpse, but up and walking around. But that's shamanic space. For something like that to manifest in the waking world would be about as weird as for a dragon or unicorn to manifest in the waking world. I think your friend saw something, whether a spirit or just a tree outside the window, and saw it in part, and then his brain filled in the rest.

I'll be the first to say that there are a lot of strange things out there in the world, but for me that's all the more reason to go out into the world in a spirit of curiosity, not fear. Sure, some stuff out there, like zombies if there are any, might be dangerous. But we know there are drunk drivers in the world and that they are very dangerous. If your friend is willing to leave his house knowing about those hazards, surely zombies aren't anything to worry about.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 09:50 AM

The only real zombies I have heard about are caused by drinking and injesting posions in places like hati. But you never really know. Here is some information I found intresting

Taken from wikipedia.com

According to the tenets of Vodou, a dead person can be revived by a bokor or Voodoo sorcerer. Zombies remain under the control of the bokor since they have no will of their own. "Zombi" is also another name of the Vodou snake god Damballah Wedo, of Niger-Congo origin; it is akin to the Kongo word nzambi, which means "god". There also exists within the voudon tradition the zombi astral which is a human soul that is captured by a bokor and used to enhance the bokor's power.

In 1937, while researching folklore in Haiti, Zora Neale Hurston encountered the case of a woman that appeared in a village, and a family claimed she was Felicia Felix-Mentor, a relative who had died and been buried in 1907 at the age of 29. Hurston pursued rumors that the affected persons were given powerful drugs, but she was unable to locate individuals willing to offer much information. She wrote:

“ What is more, if science ever gets to the bottom of Voodoo in Haiti and Africa, it will be found that some important medical secrets, still unknown to medical science, give it its power, rather than gestures of ceremony.[4] ”

Several decades later, Wade Davis, a Harvard ethnobotanist, presented a pharmacological case for zombies in two books, The Serpent and the Rainbow (1985) and Passage of Darkness: The Ethnobiology of the Haitian Zombie (1988). Davis traveled to Haiti in 1982 and, as a result of his investigations, claimed that a living person can be turned into a zombie by two special powders being entered into the blood stream (usually via a wound). The first, coup de poudre (French: 'powder strike'), includes tetrodotoxin (TTX), the poison found in the pufferfish. The second powder is composed of dissociatives such as datura. Together, these powders were said to induce a death-like state in which the victim's will would be entirely subject to that of the bokor. Davis also popularized the story of Clairvius Narcisse, who was claimed to have succumbed to this practice.

Symptoms of TTX poisoning range from numbness and nausea to paralysis, unconsciousness, and death, but do not include a stiffened gait or a deathlike trance. According to neurologist Terence Hines, the scientific community dismisses tetrodotoxin as the cause of this state, and Davis' assessment of the nature of the reports of Haitian Zombies is overly credulous.[5] Scottish psychiatrist R. D. Laing further highlighted the link between social and cultural expectations and compulsion, in the context of schizophrenia and other mental illness, suggesting that schizogenesis may account for some of the psychological aspects of zombification.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Jan 30, 2009, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by binx44 View Post
    the only real zombies i have heard about are caused by drinking ...
    1/2 oz Bacardi® 151 rum
    1 oz pineapple juice
    1 oz orange juice
    1/2 oz apricot brandy
    1 tsp sugar
    2 oz light rum
    1 oz dark rum
    1 oz lime juice

Now that's a real Zombie! Trader Vic's style. Delicious, by the way, but watch out, like a lot of tropical drinks they can sneak up on you. ;)
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 08:28 AM

Mmm I love zombies.. they are a good drink ( I am a certified bartender) I think I like grasshoppers better though lol

Feb 7, 2009, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie12197 View Post
    MEANING SPIRITS! in their own way they are like zombies but they are not flesh or skin its the soul of the body so really ghost are zombies but not like in the movies with the rotting flesh and blood every where so really after i thought a about it GHOSTSAND ZOMBIES r THE SMAE :))) :rolleyes: :p
    They are not ghosts meaning they will be flesh and blood with no soul to speak of I mean no person with a soul will rise from the grave

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search