Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondiechika05 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Building Credit Using Credit Card
    I recently signed up for, received, and have already begun using a new credit card in my own name and own account (my previous card was in my name but under my father's account). I have not yet received my first bill. The main reason that I got the card in the first place as opposed to just using my debit card was to build my own credit. The only credit I have thus far was built for me by my father through a loan that I co-signed for my car. However, I am hearing conflicting opinions on the best way to build credit. I personally would rather just pay the whole bill off so I don't have to worry about paying interest. I have been told that I should pay the minimum balance or more without paying the entire amount and then pay the rest off plus the interest the next month because credit card companies prefer cardholders to pay interest and therefore my credit would be better. I'd like to hear several different opinions on this. For those who will probably ask, I do have enough money to pay the whole thing off, I just want to know what the best way to build good credit is.
    Ms Tina Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Sep 11, 2007, 02:23 PM
    Good rule is only use a 1/3 of the cards limit and make your monthly payments. After you have done that for about six months or so. Go to you bank and get a loan for about $500. Or $1000. Loan and make your payments on time.that should give you a pretty good start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I get a credit card [ 27 Answers ]

Hi there, I am a Senior in College, I paid my way through college by working two jobs on the side. I have never got a credit card( I try to spend as less as I can). DO you think I should get one now? Thanks

Credit card [ 2 Answers ]

What is a credit card judgement?

New Credit Card [ 3 Answers ]

I recently got a credit card offer through an email I received from my Mileage Card. I have not had a credit card for over 9 years. So I figured what the heck. But to give myself a better chance on getting this card I added a suffix to my name. I got approved. But while answering some questions...

No credit. Need suggestions for selecting a credit card with low APR [ 2 Answers ]

Hai, I don't possess a credit card till now. I am planning to buy a car by applying loan. My friends advised me that if I pay my loan premium using a credit card, it would help building my credit history. They also told me to look for 0% APR (any such offer for the first year) or less APR to...

Building Credit [ 13 Answers ]

I have bad credit, lol,. I have like a small credit card from a few years ago, I have 6 months renters and a 7000 thousand dollar tool credit... Im screwed, I got a score of under 450... Im trying to build my credit back up... I can't even get a credit card, anyone know how... how should I try to...

View more questions Search