Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    captainamazing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 04:59 AM
    Dealing with a you most difficult customer (experiences)
    Please could tell me about the most difficult customer that you had to deal with during your work experiences
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 05:20 AM
    One lady kept asking the price of the total shop (which was not displayed as the items wer rung through) When I tried to explain that I couldn't tell her until I had rung all the items she started to get abusive. She was very paranoid and thought I was trying to cheat her. She became increasingly abusive and violent, shacking the till monitor banging the table. All this time I was deperately ringing for assistance but nobody came. I was young at the time (16) and panicked so I started to cry which increased the torrent of abuse until she got bored and left.

Ten cusomers watched this in the queue and nobody helped. :(

I was shaking afterward because I thought she was going to hit me.

Turns out she came often to the shop and wouldn't leave until she made somebody cry. She made adult women cry as well so I felt better it wasn't just me. The shop manger was too much of a wimp to stand up to her and bar her despite the obvious thrill she got out of picking on schoolchildren.

-----

I later worked at a customer care complaints centre and learnt all the tricks for dealing with abusive people :) I agree with everything they say until they run out of complaints! Of course it is always easier over the phone than face to face.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2007, 06:07 AM
    The most difficult customer I ever encountered was in my first job as a waitress. Two couples came in and I seated them. They ordered breakfast. So far, so good. Coffee was good, they kept get refills. Then the food came. The other three had no complaints. The fourth one - a man - did nothing but complain. The eggs were too soft, sent them back. The toast was not wheat toast, sent that back. The bacon was not crisp enough, sent that back. The hash browns had no onions, sent that back. He also ordered sauage "patties" and then complained that they were not sausage links. I showed him my ticket and how he ordered everything, including the hash browns with NO onions. Customer is always right. When he got his eggs back, he snorted again, saying they were not over medium but over hard. No, they were not over hard, the yolk could still run. So the eggs went back. There was not one food item that he did not pick apart.

It was amazing - he became a side show for the rest of the customers. But he would not just take a bite of something then complain. He would eat at least half, then voice a complaint. My boss, the owner, became so exasperated, then she told them the whole breakfast was on her. He ate what was left of his plate, everyone finished their coffee and off they went.

You could hear him laughing while going across the parking lot. Asking the others where they should stop for lunch on their way to Minneapolis. His wife told him that no matter where they went, she was sure it was would always free, with him in the group.

The owner of the café heard all that and just fumed. Said she had only been taken by one other person like that before. I did not understand and she explained that there are people who make a "pastime" out of doing what he did in a café. Ordering, eating at least half, then griping about the food and getting new food. Free food for all. I never saw that guy and his entourage again.
    berrysweetncgurl Posts: 166, Reputation: 19

Sep 2, 2007, 06:50 AM
    What a !
    I work in a hotel so I always get all kinds of CRAZY acting customers

You just could not even imagine the half of it
    maddy1 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 02:37 PM
    I have been a restaurant/ bar manager for years. When I saw this question a blur of crazy people popped into my mind... so many, where to start?

Probably one of the funniest was a breakfast buffet where we never specified what was to be out on the buffet, we were just trying to unload some groceries. We ran out of bacon... oh you would have thought the world just came crashing down around this guy. I know it should'nt matter, but this guy obviously had never missed a meal. He threw a hissy fit right there in line! He would'nt move. He was shouting for management, bacon, anything. The best part was that the breakfast was for little kids( who were not charged) to see santa.
    Obviously we could do nothing to please him... not that I tried that hard, who wants him back?? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird experiences [ 9 Answers ]

I have always had this weird experiences since my teen years it would always happen to me I would be a sleeping and all the sudden I would feel my body drop onto my bed and I would wake up looking around the room wondering if someone else was in the room jumping on the bed; but after awhile the ...

Unexplained experiences [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am new here and I hope you can answer my questions. We lived in a house a few years back that we almost bought but really strange things happened there. Our youngest son, who was about one and a half years old at the time, saw things in this house. You could hear someone come into the...

What Were Some f Your Best/Worst Experiences Ever? [ 53 Answers ]

Self explanatory don't you think? What are some of your experiences (recent ør not so recent) that were good, bad and ugly. Experiences with family ør friends ør pets... anything goes:)

Childhood experiences no longer occur. [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, so I'm 15. This TECHNICALLY makes me a teenager... which isn't far from being a child... which sounds stupid for me to say childhood in the first place. Anyway... When I was little, starting at the age of 5 (which is as far back as I can remember) I would sleepwalk. I'd sleepwalk and...

Magazine needs your experiences [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, My name is Angela and I write for a teenage girls' magazine in the UK. I am looking to speak to teenage girls aged 14-18 about their paranormal experiences. I am particularly interested in speaking to girls who: Have had an alien encounter Been attacked by a poltergeist Have...

View more questions Search