Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annesleyred Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2003, 11:13 AM
    Mozzies
    Can anyone tell me the best preparation and survival on holiday where there are mosquitos?
    I am told Brewers Yeast tablets but is there any other natural dietry preventions? Got bit to hell last year
    raymond47 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2004, 08:19 PM
    mozzies
    The only thing I have heard is stay away from bright clothing, and scented body preparations. If you found anything different let us all know as I am tired of being dinner for the little and not so little buggers.
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

May 29, 2004, 05:00 PM
    mozzies
    You might want to try rubbing Avon Skin So Soft on your skin. It apparently has a repellennt effect even though it is designed to be an emollient for your skin.

Best of luck with the chompers!
    jeanponze Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2004, 07:41 PM
    mozzies
    A tea tree oil solution diluted with water (make sure it is a water dilutable type) - that keeps them way away.
    jeanponze Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2004, 07:42 PM
    mozzies
    I MIGHT ADD THAT THE tea tree oil solution is sprayed on... not drank ;)
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Jan 13, 2005, 11:17 PM
    Vitamin B
    Vitamin B has helped me keep mosquitos from biting. At the most every summer I receive 3-4 bites at the most. I take a multi-vitamin and once a week take a vitamin b combination also. Read about this on the net sometime ago. Hope this is the natural help you were looking for.
    zinnia Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2005, 12:51 PM
    Mozzies hate vit b
    I grew up in Australia where they have Super Commando Mozzies and I used Vitamin B to help keep them off. That plus citronella oil. I got a neat roll-on from my local health food store and put it on each of my pulsepoints (inside wrists, on the neck). You can get citronella coils too, and you can burn these (like incense or a joss stick) by the tent door or hotel window. Use usual caution! If all else fails, a long sleeve cheesecloth/muslin shirt works for evenings by the bbq or outdoors.

Have fun on hols
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Jun 7, 2005, 10:11 AM
    Mozzies
    There are a world of natural things that work for some but not on others and vice versa. With all that there is to catch from a small sting that can make you really sick,lyme disease,sars, etc. and watching my naturalist friends go through the terrible treatments to get better(years).
    They have all stated that if they had it to do over again, the chemical off,or other bug repellants would be used on a daily basis, as well as long sleeves, socks, and a hat. Just like in girl or boy scouts.
    You weigh the importance of this yourself peace ranieri

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search