Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lopezyes Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2007, 10:03 PM
    Cleaning license
    I need to get my cleaning license but don't know where, I live here in Arizona can someone help me?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2007, 10:17 PM
    I Googled and found this site for AZ small businesses:

Licensing Information

Sep 1, 2007, 10:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezyes
    I need to get my cleaning license but dont know where, i live here in arizona can someone help me?
    what's the difference of a trading name and a cleaning license
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2007, 11:08 PM
    You don't need a trade name, but you WILL need a name for your business. Maybe "trading name" is what you will do business as, like, "Clean As A Whistle."

A cleaning license is the state's or county's or city's permission for you to do business. You usually pay once a year for that privilege.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2007, 11:24 PM
    It sounds like you will be an Independent Contractor, responsible for your own income tax and Social Security payments.

I don't know what "trading name" means. Maybe it means the name you will work under--your real name or a business name. You will kind of be a subcontractor, contracted by a larger company to do various jobs for them. You have specialities maybe or just do general cleaning. Your best bet is to call your public library and ask a reference librarian what "trading name" means in AZ.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2007, 11:28 PM
    Well, then. I guess you have to come up with a "trade name" to call yourself something. The cleaning license form is on that site I gave you. Insurance will have to be obtained through a company like MetLife or State Farm probably--or at least they would know which companies offer insurance to janitors. (Liability insurance in case you break something?) Do you have to be bonded as extra security?

Sep 1, 2007, 11:35 PM
    Yeah A Trading Name It Like Where U Register Your Name So No One Else Can Use It, And Yeah I Need To Get Liabiliy, But Im Having Trouble Getting My License I Don't Know Where.

Sep 1, 2007, 11:37 PM
    And What Do I Need To Put On The Site To Get On The CleAning License?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2007, 11:42 PM
    Click on the link I gave you, then click on Fillable License Application, and fill out the form that pops up. You might be able to do it online or have to print it out. Send it to wherever it says. Be sure you figured out your business name first before you fill out the form.

Sep 1, 2007, 11:44 PM
    Okay thank you very much im going to try it right now. Do u know where can i go personly and fill out the application here in phoenix,arizona?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning license [ 3 Answers ]

How Do I Get A Cleaning License

How do I get a office cleaning license [ 8 Answers ]

I want to start a cleaning business and would like to get info about getting licensed and bonded. Ive been all over the internet but there is never a direct answer. What site or who do I call for a license?:)

Cleaning License [ 2 Answers ]

How I get a cleaning license?

About license [ 2 Answers ]

I am a handyman and have been doing a little of everything for several years now. I would like to get an electricians license, but at this point in my life I can not afford to work for an electrician at starting wages. Is there any other path that I can take. Can you recommend any literature...

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search