Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sudi237 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2005, 10:47 AM
    No water from washing machine tap
    Hi,

Need some help. Ive just bought a washing machine. As the man was about to the connect the hose to tap/faucet, no water comes out. However the rest of the house, the water flows fine from the taps. What could the problem be.. .

Thanks in advance
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 7, 2005, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sudi237
    Hi,

need some help. Ive just bought a washing machine. As the man was about to the connect the hose to tap/faucet, no water comes out. However the rest of the house, the water flows fine from the taps. What could the problem be. ...

thanks in advance
    Did this affect both hot and cold taps? Did he check the tap with the hoses attached or unattached? Did you have water with your old washing machine or is this a new problem? Are you sure the problem is the faucets and not the electric mixing valve in the washer? Have you had any work done non your pipes recently? Get back to me with some details and I'll answer ASAP. Tom

Sep 7, 2005, 11:29 AM
    Hi...
    OK. Unfortunely I ve had some trouble recently. Also living in a foreign country (germay ) doennt help. So here is what happened.

1) Old washing machine was functioning properly.
    a) There was one hose from the top back connecting to one tap. (must be water supply plus no sperate hot and cold hose)
    b) Another bigger hose from the back bottom to a fat pipe (I guess for draining)

2) Power cut caused washing machine to not function.
    3) Called expert out to have a look, said it was a reset of the circuit programs. Have no idea about WMs so had to accept this. So decided to get a new washing machine.
    4) New washing arrives. The man checks the tap with and without connecting the hose to inform me that no water was coming out.

Now I am annoyed that perhaps the old washing machine was OK and that it was the water supply all along.

Hope you can help. Thanks again

Sep 7, 2005, 11:30 AM
    P.s. would a photo of the back help?
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 7, 2005, 12:18 PM
    P.s. would a photo of the back help?
    Hi Sudi,
    A photo of the back would be helpful. Use the attachment application on this site.
    Have you removed the hose and tried the tap? Do it now and check the screen on the end of the hose to see if it's clogged causing your problem.
    If all the repair man had to do was to reset the circuit breaker, why didn't he do it and save you the cost of a new washer? The water supply has nothing to do with the electrical so your old machine should have started to work once the reset was engaged. If none of the above gets water out of the tap and you want to go into this father I can tell you how to open up the tap,(after I see a picture of it) and check out the supply for pressure. Cheers Tom

Sep 7, 2005, 12:43 PM
    Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. The tap still deosnt flow and the hose seems not to be clogged. The repair on the previous washing machince, as far as I understood him said that the programs in the washing machine were reset and had to be reprogrammed. I thought the answer was a bit suspect. He said that new circuit board would be necessary which would cost 150€. I thought, therefore, better to buy a new one. Anyway here are the pics

Pic a: the tap
    Pci b: the hose connecting to the tap
    Pic c: Second fatter hose connecting to pipe
    Pci d: The run off pipe

Hope this can help

:confused:
    Attached Images

Eternal Plumber

Sep 7, 2005, 02:18 PM
    Hi Tom,

thanks for your reply. the tap still deosnt flow and the hose seems not to be clogged. The repair on the previous washing machince, as far as i understood him said that the programs in the washing machine were reset and had to be reprogrammed. I thought the answer was a bit suspect. He said that new circuit board would be necessary which would cost 150€. I thought, therefore, better to buy a new one. Anyway here are the pics

pic a: the tap
    pci b: the hose connecting to the tap
    pic c: Second fatter hose connecting to pipe
    pci d: The run off pipe

hope this can help

:confused:
    Do you wish to go into this yourself? If so shut the water off to the house and unscrew the tap. Now have someone turn the water back for a instant while you hold a pail over the open pipe. Is there pressure in the pipe? Water coming out? If there is then the tap is faulty. Replace it and your troubles will be over. Let me know how it comes out. Regards, Tom

Sep 8, 2005, 08:53 AM
    Thanks Tom,

Since I am renting this flat, I will ask the landlord to get it fixed. I'm more likely to make it worse! Was asking, just in case it was simple thing that I was missing.

Keep up the good work! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine Box [ 10 Answers ]

Greetings. My basement has an overhead Sewer pipe going out to the front. Therefore, if I want a washing machine in the Basement, I have to pump the discharge up and out in some way. Right now, the discharge goes to the sump pump hole and then is pupmed out. I want to install a washing...

Washing machine water troubles [ 4 Answers ]

Hi just a question to see if anyone could help as to my problem with my washer. The last few days when running washer (cold water only) the water seems to take a very long time to fill. When the switch if flipped to warm/cold or any other combo. The water comes out fine. Just on cold cold does...

No hot water in the washing machine [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: The hot and cold lines leading into the washer are OK, but for some reason the washer only runs cold. Not warm or hot? What could be the problem?

Cold water not coming out in washing machine [ 5 Answers ]

The cold water dribbles into the washing machine when loading; I checked hose connecting machine to faucet in back. The screens were dirty; every time I do load the screens get dirty again. Is stuff coming out of the faucet? It seems to me. What does that mean? The hot water faucet is fine. My...

Washing Machine Water Box Fittings [ 1 Answers ]

My cold water water box fitting for the washing machine is leaking. It is sweated onto a 1/2" copper pipe. I do not know how to get all the water out of the pipe to unsweat the joint. There is hardly any room to work because of the tight area and how the fitting is attached to the water box and...

View more questions Search