Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cornedbeef Posts: 152, Reputation: 4

Sep 1, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Guilt at having an affair. Years ago, but just like yesterday Guilt Guilt , Guilt
    I got married in 1992 after being with my partner for about 18 months , life was good. I found out I was pregnant, our daughter was born the same year. It wasn't long before I felt lost, alone and just an object that was there to look after and care for our daughter. He probably never meant to be like that ! I had a couple of yrs of upset and feeling useless . Then I met someone who listened . That was my downfall . I had an affair. I also found out I was prenant. Iknew my husband was the father . I still continued the affair. I have so much guilt because I feel I should have stayed with my husband. My children still want me to be with their dad. How do I get over the guilt that I'm feeling.\
    This is a message from my partner who obviously does not realise that there are people who care. Come on you ladies out there, help my partner.She does not believe that people exist that have been through something like this.
    She needs to know that sites exist like this to help. Can you please respond to this to make her realise she is not on her own.
    Thanks
    Richard
    kt1205 Posts: 125, Reputation: 4
    -

Sep 1, 2007, 06:44 PM
    I'm a bit confused. But the one having the affair should be with who they love. The kids should get the opertunity to see their father. And you should speak to them about it and try to get them to know that your doing what makes you happy and try to make the children happy and maybe still talk to their father as a friend. If you and the child's father argue a lot about it NEVER do that in front of the children. But do talk to them and try to get them to understand

Sep 1, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cornedbeef
    i got married in 1992 after being with my partner for about 18 months , life was good. i found out i was pregnant, our daughter was born the same year. it wasnt long before i felt lost, alone and just an object that was there to look after n care for our daughter. he probably never meant to be like that ! i had a couple of yrs of upset n feelin useless . then i met someone who listened . that was my downfall . i had an affair. i also found out i was prenant. Iknew my husband was the father . i still continued the affair. i hav so much guilt because i feel i should have stayed with my husband. my children still want me to be with their dad. how do i get over the guilt that im feeling.\
    This is a message from my partner who obviously does not realise that there are people who care. Come on you ladies out there, help my partner.She does not beleive that people exist that have been through something like this.
    She needs to know that sites exist like this to help. Can you please respond to this to make her realise she is not on her own.
    Thanks
    Richard
    Sorry I am still a new user. I am sorry for posting on here but I would like my partner to know that there is help out there. She finds this hard to believe as I did with self help groups. My ignorance was my problem. It would be nice if she could read the fact that people do care. She may well join this extremely helpful group of folks that make us feel like we belong somewhere.
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Sep 13, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cornedbeef
    i got married in 1992 after being with my partner for about 18 months , life was good. i found out i was pregnant, our daughter was born the same year. it wasnt long before i felt lost, alone and just an object that was there to look after n care for our daughter. he probably never meant to be like that ! i had a couple of yrs of upset n feelin useless . then i met someone who listened . that was my downfall . i had an affair. i also found out i was prenant. Iknew my husband was the father . i still continued the affair. i hav so much guilt because i feel i should have stayed with my husband. my children still want me to be with their dad. how do i get over the guilt that im feeling.\
    This is a message from my partner who obviously does not realise that there are people who care. Come on you ladies out there, help my partner.She does not beleive that people exist that have been through something like this.
    Thanks
    Richard
    Seems as if you want to work this out. If you are sorry for what you did, apologise to the one you wronged . Then go on with your life. Dwelling on this can do nothing about what is past, and robs today of its potential.Life is too short. Make today the best you can.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 13, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Before you can move on, you have to FORGIVE yourself. If your partner is supportive, and has forgiven you... don't look back. Just don't.

Regrets are something to learn from, not to dwell on, and living in the past prevents you from enjoying the here and now!

Sep 13, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Hi, thanks for your posts. I just have to say that my partner posted this on my profile so to speak. I offered to set up one for her but she just wanted to get it off her chest at that low moment and so she posted on mine. I have shown her your responses and she would like to say thanks to you all. Perhaps I can persuade her to join too. I think it would be good for her.
    Thanks again Richard

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guilt [ 3 Answers ]

What is it with ejacullation and guiltiness? I just can't seem to put my finger on it I love th ebuildup but after I'm spent for like 2-3 minutes I have this surge of a downer?

A mess of guilt, paranoia, and confusion [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for just over 8 months now. Before we met I had a trip to Europe planned and at one point, I invited him to go with me. I knew we'd never stay together if he didn't come and I wanted to be with him. He agreed and we made a huge commitment together. About a week...

Full of guilt [ 6 Answers ]

I've been a nurse for 20 years and thought I made a good one. I liked my patients and treated them like my children. I did a stint at a nursing home through an agency. One of my patients had been sexually molested by another resident(he was alert and oriented) He waited until no one was around and...

Suicide,Pain and Guilt [ 2 Answers ]

After all this help and people I've talked too I really like grammadidi an her advice thank you but I really don't think that people are going to be able to help me. I used to talk to my boyfriend until like yesterday when he said that what I tell him gets old because I talk about my mother all the...

Lost with guilt [ 5 Answers ]

I am lost with guilt I have been in this relationship for 8 years almost and he was in the navy for 4 of those years and while he was gone I cheated on him more then once and I was honest with him and he stayed with me and he has not been faithfull either and all we do is fight and he is verbally...

View more questions Search