Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khyktn Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Sep 1, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Hunter Fan Switch
    I was just wondering if the light switch on a Hunter fan has to replaced with a Hunter light switch, specifically. The electrical guy at Lowe's in our area says 'no' that a light switch to a fan is 'universal.' The light switches they sold at the store could be used on any brand of fan. Could anyone out there help me with this? Normally, I would give it a try, but this is for my mother's fan. She is 82 yrs old and she is convinced that it has to be a Hunter part (replacement part) or it won't work. She has pretty much been right about most things up to this point in my life, so I'm not about to start arguing with her now! :) :) Please answer this for me so I can go over and fix the light switch on her fan.

Thanks,
    khyktn -- this is my first time asking a question, I hope I didn't post it in the wrong spot.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 05:54 PM
    The guy at Lowe's is correct. Replace it with the universal switch. After all, it just turns it on and off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter fan 3 pull switch [ 27 Answers ]

Hello: I have removed the well tec E116997 switch as the chain broke off in the housing. I have Replaced the chain but can't get the right combination of positioning to get the pull sequence. I can buy a 3 pull light switch but don't know if that would be safe.There is a Capacitor in the circuit...

17 Yr old Hunter Fan with Broken pull switch :( [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Hunter 5 blade 52" fan I bought & installed in 1990. I don't have papers on it, nor do I even know where to look for a model number. Over the yrs the fan has worked w/o a problem. Last week I pulled the chain to adjust the speed and it broke and came off (from inside the fan)... I took...

Hunter Ergonimic Ceiling Fan w/ Remote - Wiring to single switch [ 2 Answers ]

We just installed a Hunter Ergonomic Ceiling Fan with a remote. It is powered by a single light switch and our intention was to always have the light switch "on" and use the remote control to turn it off or on. When we turn the light switch on, the light comes on and all fan functions can be...

Hunter ceiling fan switch nightmare [ 10 Answers ]

The chain on my Hunter ceiling fan broke and I bought a replacement. I must have not connected the wires correctly, because I have only 2 speeds. The wire colors are black, brown, grey and purple. I assume that black goes to the L position on the switch. What about the others? Help!! Thanks,...

Hunter fan switch ---won't stop [ 1 Answers ]

Just replaced a hunter 3 way fan switch. Swear I matched up the wires correctly. The light works properly off a second pull chain, and the wall switch cuts power to both fan and light. The fan definitely operates on 3 speeds, BUT... the off position on the pull chain, doesn't stop the fan...

View more questions Search