Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xEoMxMoAxx Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Jazz shoes. Good or not good fit?
    I just got a new pair of jazz shoes the other day for dance. My old jazz shoes were much cheaper (from payless) and fit on my feet just right. Now I just got capezio jazz shoes that are much nicer and have nicer leather and such. But they are tight is this normal? How should jazz shoes fit on your feet? Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 1, 2007, 12:56 PM
    They shouldn't be tight if you got your correct size.
    xEoMxMoAxx Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Even if they r new and the leather is a little tight around your feet? Will it break in?
    nzer Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Sep 12, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Mine were tight because I have fairly wide feet, so I got them professionally stretched, big help, give it a try. All the best :O)
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 06:56 PM
    I've always heard never to compete with new jig shoes (Irish here rather than tap). They aren't broken in. That suggests to me that they will stretch. I buy my shoes off the consignment shelf at our studio because I want shoes that feel right the first time.

If they don't seem to break in after a few weeks, a cobbler can stretch them for you.
    Ygramul Posts: 18, Reputation: 5

Sep 21, 2007, 09:43 PM
    Capezio shoes always need breaking in. There's a quick way to do this:
    Run them under lukewarm water very briefly so the leather gets almost soggy.
    Bang them really hard against a wall or the edge of the sink.
    Put them on immediately before they get a chance to dry.
    Dance around and have fun for about a half hour, or until the shoes are perfectly dry.
    Spanking new dance shoes should always be a bit tight at first. The tightness you feel (if you're wearing the correct size) comes from the strength of the material. Once broken in and weathered, they should relax and comform perfectly to your feet. Just like Birkenstocks. They form from use, not fit. If you've ever done ballet en pointe, it's the same concept.
    Capezio makes shoes in sizes, then the dancer determines the fit. This is why the very best dancers have the worst-looking shoes.
    It may be that you're in the wrong size. If that's true, try the Bloch's brand. Their sizing tends to be more precise. It's more expensive, though. But I once bought both tap and point shoes in Bloch's, and they lasted for about 8 years.
    doglover92 Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

Jan 3, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Listen to me I have done jazz dance for five years and they should be tight, tighter then ballet shoes. I had gone to dance Unlimited to get mine and they fit perfect.
    DeniseAL Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2008, 02:32 PM
    I am a professional dance shoe fitter and if your jazz shoes are this year's version, they were redesigned to be tight around the arches, so that when you point you don't have a lot of leather bunched up around your arch. If your toes are flat in the shoes (that is, not curled at the ends) then the length is fine. If the tightness is around the arches, they do stretch but it takes awhile to break them in. if you are in a hurry to break them in, there is a product by Kiwi called "Shoe Stretch" that you can spray on the shoes where they are tight and it will stretch them out quicker.
    kwillisk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2013, 07:42 PM
    I just got dance shoes and they are a little tight. Should they break in or should I get a bigger size

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to find a store for good shoes [ 1 Answers ]

Have an old pair that are just like street shoes with suede and soles like you'd wear out. Do not like gym shoes for bowling-they do not slide so probably fall on my face trying to bowl w/these. Need to know of a store here near Chicago, IL where I can find shoes like the ones I have.

Not good at this [ 6 Answers ]

What is the sum of the solutions of the equation x2+8x+15=0

Here is another good one. [ 1 Answers ]

What PMS Really Stands For: 13. Psychotic Mood Shift 12. Pack My Stuff 11. Permanent Menstrual Syndrome

View more questions Search