Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Snakebite35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2007, 01:40 AM
    Sound but no Picture on Toshiba ZP38 series Television
    Well here goes - the last couple of days the following has been happening

Turn on tele and there is sound but the screen displays a myriad of colours that change shape continually and then shortly after the picture appears - this has progressively gotten worse over the last couple of days. Now you turn it on and the sound is great but the colours are there all over the screen and then sometimes the screen just goes black as if the tele is off. Then you turn tele off and back on and the colours or the black screen might still be there, however still great sound. In fact sometimes it has turned itself to standby whilst waiting for the picture to appear. However after a while the picture does eventually appear! Taking longer every day though.

Oh by the way it is a 32 toshiba bought in 2003 and is the ZP38 Series tele.

Question is - what is wrong? Will it be expensive to fix? And would we be better off buying a new tele taking into account costs of repairs and age of tele?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 03:14 AM
    Do not turn off the TV till you get a new one. Usually the cost of repair is high for those sets and it is soon to be 5 years old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No sound while watching television.sound when playing video games [ 4 Answers ]

I have no Idea what the problem could be, but if I try to watch television, which is cable, I cannot hear the sound on the television, but If I play video games, then you can hear the sound perfectly... So, it cannot be a problem with the speakers inside the television.. Could it be the cable? What...

Flashing picture on television [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone tell me why the picture on my television has begun flashing on and off? It started about a month ago only flashing when I would turn it on. After a few minutes it would stop, but has progressively gotten worse to the point that it is flasing almost continuously. Thank you.

View more questions Search