Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Aug 31, 2007, 05:29 PM
    AAA! Red Hair!
    Ok, so I have naturally light/darkish brown hair with natural blonde highlights. I dyed my hair a haircoler called "Intense Auburn/Sweet Pepper" by Garnier. It turned out BOZO red! I'm freaking out, this has never happened to me before, I just want my hair back! Can I redye it brown again or will the red leak through? Please Help! Thanks! :)
    Hairdesigner Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Well red is the one color that will fade out the most quick so you're in luck. What I would do is mix up some laundry soap and water at a 1:1 ratio and wash your hair with that and hot water to make the color fade. You can color your hair again the same day or the next day. However I would advise against using boxed color from the drug store. Those boxes are often years old and some have been sitting on warehouse shelves for up to 6 years so the color is not as good as it once was. Go to a salon is my suggestions. However if you choose to color from a box again and you want to cancel out the red, think about the color wheel. The complimentary color to red on the color wheel is green so that's what will eliminate it from your hair. Any cool toned brown would work to tone it down though, like an ash brown. Since you have a lot of red in your hair already the warm tones will still show through but the ashy-ness of the new color will more likely make it appear more golden brown than red brown
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Sep 3, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Thanks so much for the advise! I dyed my hair an ash brown and now it's brown not red!! I was so excited to see it! Thanks so much for the answer, you're my savior! Haha!
    Damarissxx Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 08:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegal
    Ok, so I have naturally light/darkish brown hair with natural blonde highlights. I dyed my hair a haircoler called "Intense Auburn/Sweet Pepper" by Garnier. It turned out BOZO red! I'm freaking out, this has never happened to me before, I just want my hair back!! Can I redye it brown again or will the red leak through? Please Help!! Thanks!! :)
    It would start coming out [[butt it would take like a year or more... ]] for it all to come out so just find a color that looks the most similar to your natural hair color..
    Hairdesigner Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Haha! Glad I could help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

RED hair dyed to RED [ 4 Answers ]

I had completely natural (undyed)color-blondish, reddish, light brown. A lot of different hues. Long, extremely thick hair. I decided to dye it spiced medium auburn. We uses 3 boxes because of the length and thickness. Coverage was great but it is very dark auburn-strong red pulling through but all...

Red hair [ 2 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair and it has gone dark red how do I get rid of this my hair is usually a dark blonde

Red Hair! [ 1 Answers ]

I colored my hair 5 days ago and wanted an auburn color, which usually turns out brownish with red highlights on me. Not this time! It is REEEDDDDD! And I hate it. Is it too early to recolor it? And if I do, will my medium brown color most likely return it to the brown with red highlights? Any...

Red in Hair [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair a red color. I want to dye it back brown, so maybe one day I can dye it blonde, but I want all the red out. I've tried ash colors, but they dont ever get the red out.:( What I plan on doing is dying my hair brown and then putting blonde highlights on top of my hair, but everytime ...

View more questions Search