Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    austibear Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2005, 06:05 PM
    Leak Under Concrete Slab
    I found out that I have a water leak under my slab floor. Apparantely the leak is between the shutoff out in the yard and the meter(which is located in the hallway utility closet). I hear water gurgling in my ductwork which is also in the slab.
    Called local plumber and he says I'm looking at $1500.00- $1700.00) :( I think I can fix it myself if I knew how to locate the leak without jackhammering extensive amount of floor.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 7, 2005, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by austibear
    I found out that I have a water leak under my slab floor. Apparantely the leak is between the shutoff out in the yard and the meter(which is located in the hallway utility closet). I hear water gurgling in my ductwork which is also in the slab.
    Called local plumber and he says I'm looking at $1500.00- $1700.00) :( I think I can fix it myself if I knew how to locate the leak without jackhammering extensive amount of floor.
    Hey Bear,
    I live on the West Coast of Florida where all our homes are on slabs. Why not do what we do to pin-point a under slab leak. We call a leak detection service such as Sleuth. They come in and locate the leak with sensitive listening devices, jackhammer up the floor, bag the dirt and bare the pipe ready for the plumber to repair it. Let me know when the leak is bared and I'll walk you through the repair and it won't cost a arm and a leg. Regards, Tom
    nanci Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 11:35 AM
    We have a leak on our concreat slab floor that appears to be c oming from our bath tub through the pipes on the slab... small wet spot outsided the bedroom closet that goes through the rug.
    Any suugestion as to how to repair without spending mega bucks?
    Thanks,
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 8, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nanci
    We have a leak on our concreat slab floor that appears to be c oming from our bath tub thru the pipes on the slab...small wet spot outsided the bedroom closet that goes thru the rug.
    Any suugestion as to how to repair without spending mega bucks?
    Thanks,
    Read the above answer. When that happens my company calls a leak detection service called Sleuth. They come out with sensitive listening devices and pinpoint the leak. They then take up the slab, bag the dirt and bare the leak for the plumber to repair.
    Or you can take up the cement and do the repair yourself. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pouring concrete slab outside garage [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I am replacing my garage door with a wall and 36" wide steel door to make it a main entrance to the house in the winter and also into a workshop area. It has been recommended that I pour a concrete slab across the front of the garage for the wall to sit on and have that slab just high...

Shower p-trap - concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I have already poured a 6 inch thick concrete slab for a shop floor. During the slab construction a 3 inch pvc rough stubbed drain was put in the concrete to act as the shower drain (from the shower to the septic tank line). I realized after the fact that no p-trap was placed within the slab; only...

Installing a toilet in concrete slab [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, This is a great forum. I was wondering if you could offer me some advice? I am converting part of my garage into a bathroom. I will be busting up the concrete and running a new 3'' pipe for the toilet. My question is regarding the vent. How far away can I be really? There is an existing...

Adding new bath to concrete slab [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We just purchased a home in L.A. built in the 60s that has a concrete slab construction. We want to add on a master bath to the house but I don't know how we would tie into the plumbing lines in this kind of a foundation. Do they actually pour concrete onto the pipes when the foundation is...

Installing a bathtub on a concrete slab [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a tub to existing plumbing, but it's on a concrete slab. We've jackhammered the concrete so that I have enough room underneath to put in the drain and p-trap, but am I going to have to buy the tub, set it in place, hook up the plumbing and then remove it to replace the concrete?

View more questions Search