Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stonehenge Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2004, 03:36 PM
    Icons
    Is there a way to hide the application icons in my computer? Every time I installed something (i.e. softwares) a new icon is created. I just have so much that it filled the whole monitor. Plssss help me.
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 10, 2004, 04:31 PM
    The easiest way is to simply delete them. If the icon has an arrow on it, then you can safely delete the icon because it is only a shortcut. Deleting shortcuts do not delete the program. Typically Windows will advise you if you are about to delete an actual program.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Icons won't open [ 1 Answers ]

I can't open any icons on the desktop or some things in the start menu such as the control panel, when I try to the screen goes blank for a few seconds and then recovers. Also when I try to download anything it says I do not have administrative powers but I can't open up the control panel to change...

Taskbar Icons [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem with the taskbar icons on a computer I am working on. They are abnormally small. The rest of the screen looks fine but the icons down in the bottom right hand corner of the screen next to the time and the quick launch toolbar are tiny. The icons are so small that, on the right...

Display Program Icons [ 5 Answers ]

I have noticed with Windows XP when you go to All Programs & look at the list the icons, most are not displayed for the downloaded programs. Just a regular File folder & then the name beside. Example: Quick Time when I put my mouse over this name I see a list of 4 to the right, then I would...

Removing Icons from Desktop [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to have a clear view of background wallpaper without any icons? How do you remove My Computer, My Network Places and the Trash Can from the desktop?

View more questions Search