Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah-gsky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 11:03 AM
    How can we file child support if we are on different country?
    Can you help me? I'm looking for the father of my step sister. He was working as a US Navy based in Japan when he got my mom pregnant. They were planning to get married so he fixed his retirement and went to US to process their fiancée visa. We received a call that we need to get him in Philippine airport he gave the time arrival after that we haven't hear anything from 7 yrs. What can we do now to find him and ask for child support. Where located in the Philippines right now and I believe he is in Florida. I really need help.

Thanks!
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 11:08 AM
    I don't know that there is anyway to enforce child support across countries. The US has a list of Foreign Reciprocating Countries but the Philippines is not on there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Possible to Re-File for Child Support? [ 4 Answers ]

I have kind of a complicated story but hopefully a simple question. My ex and I are trying to come to an agreement about our daughter who is almost 6. He has not been in her life at all since she was a few days old. I am remarried to a man that I've been with since my daughter was 8 months old. ...

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Can I file for child support after I already canceled it? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to make an agreement with my ex. I told him I will drop the child support order now and file for my current husband to adopt my daughter. I said if he does not agree to the adoption and relinquish his rights, that I am going to file for child support again. But I just have one...

View more questions Search