Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LilliAnn789009 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2011, 08:06 AM
    These Tog'l blocks or Toggle blocks by Mattel were a favorite toy of my children in the 70's. I thought the plastic would get brittle with age but apparently it didn't. Yes, Mattel should begin making them again. They have more versatility for creative innovation than the Lego blocks have with their cube shape and hinges. Please, Mattel, bring them back. We don't understand why you stopped making them!

I'm a grandmother now and I would love to be able to give a set of these to my grandkids!
    LilliAnn789009 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2011, 03:19 PM
    Does anyone have any Tog'l blocks they would sell? Perhaps you have some in storage that you would sell.
    BettyWhy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 01:58 PM
    Yes, my siblings and I has some. There were cubes in different colors with hinges on them. Each side had either a peg or a hole. There were also triangle shaped pieces, rods, tires and gears. We also had a brick size block that had housed a wind up engine to make motorized figures. I recall we made a little robot. With the engine we were able to make the robot move across the floor.
    jfjeter3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2012, 06:47 PM
    They were spelled Tog'l. Google that, and you'll be happy to find lots of neat pictures and stuff. Wish I could buy a set.
    Rirk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2013, 06:21 AM
    All of the posts above could have been written by me! I got a set every christmas for about 4 or 5 years. There were so many of them,I was able to build a life size man that had moving arms ans legs! They were also way worse to step on than legos could EVER be!! LOL
    maobrien Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2013, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LilliAnn789009 View Post
    Does anyone have any Tog'l blocks they would sell? Perhaps you have some in storage that you would sell.
    If you are still looking to buy some, I have a big box! Probably 200-350 pieces.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1960's and 1970's Female Vocalists [ 7 Answers ]

If you were to create a mix tape of female pop/soft rock vocalists who were mostly popular during the 1960's and 1970's, who all would you include? I can think of singers such as Joni Mitchell, Judy Collins, Buffy St. Marie, Joan Baez, Helen Reddy, Roberta Flack, and Karen Carpenter. But my...

Bathroom sink faucet 1960's [ 4 Answers ]

Trying to find fixtures for an old sink... perhaps 1960 or so... very small... the unique thing is the fixtures are mounted on the inside wall of the sink the part of the sink which is against the wall but on the inside of the sink.. not on top as you see now... anybody had any experience with...

Is dye in bird toys safe? How to clean bird toys? [ 8 Answers ]

I am usually the one that helps other people with their cockatiel or bird questions but this time I am the one that needs help. I have cockatiel birds and I have many bird toys that I buy from Walmart and PetsMart and the other day when cleaning my bird cage I decided to wash the toys with water...

1960's house basement drain (s) [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1960's (early) home with an unfinished, utility/storm basement which is 10' x 20'. I have owned the house for 8 months, and had a home inspection that did not find any problems with the plumbing. The water heater is located there as well as a furnace. There are two holes in the concrete...

View more questions Search