Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedadvice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 12:26 AM
    Relationship is put on hold because she is grieving, what should I do?
    Hey,

I just need advice on what to do.

Me and my girlfriend have just recently been dating. We're both 21. We both lost a really good friend who's VERY important in our life. I don't want to give out specifics because it hurts too much to explain.

She told me that she had to put the relationship on hold because she's confused and needs time to figure things out. I understand so I've given her all the space in world. Despite this tremendous loss to both of us, I don't want to end up losing her as well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, will her feelings change? She told me not to wait for her because she doesn't want me to hurt if she doesn't end up coming back. She said she still has feelings for me, its just a point in her life where she just wants to be alone.

I've backed off, and pretended like our relationship never existed. I have to admit its difficult but it's a billion times worse for her, and its just not my place to ask her to be with me. That would just be selfish.

So here I am waiting for her... and hurting because I just lost a good friend, and hurting because I do want to be with her. What should I do to make sure I don't lose her too?

HELP PLEASE.
    Thanks in advance.
    anonymous122809 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 12:48 AM
    She's in shock.
    Give her some time & space,
    & when she's ready, she'll come back.
    Trouble321 Posts: 54, Reputation: 12

Aug 31, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Everyone deals with grief in a different way.
    A close friend of mine lost his daughter last year and while all he wanted was to be closer to his wife, she wanted just the opposite.
    Unfortunately there is not much you can do in this situation except to give her what she asked for. She needs some time and space to deal with her grief.
    I'm sure she knows she can reach out for you if she needs to.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Aug 31, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Hello.

Be her Friend right now and as a friend don't ask questions just be there for her. As a friend you would never just let your frined deal with this much pain alone would you. Let her know your there for her, send her a note every few days to let her know your there if she needs you. Right now she is pulloing the world inside her but at the same time she needs Love and support so don't push her but don't let her feel alone in her time of need.

Dennis777
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Do as she asked and let her deal with her issues without any pressure from you at all. I know it hurts but she is hurt, and confused also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does my future hold? [ 3 Answers ]

Well.. :rolleyes:

Probation Hold [ 2 Answers ]

My sister is currently on probation in WI for a drug charge. She was put in jail on Tues. for a probation hold for suspition of delivering narcotics. They have not officially charged her, they are still invetigating it. By Law how long can they keep her in jail??

Grieving dog [ 3 Answers ]

My 10 year old jack russell died very suddenly at home about one week ago his best friend is my 8 year old female jack russell who is now grieving. We are trying to keep her happy and feel needed and loved, but how do we help her when we are at work all day. I leave both a radio & TV on for her,...

What does my future hold [ 1 Answers ]

D.o.b. 8-21-68.

What does my future hold [ 3 Answers ]

Someone please help! I divorced my husband 10 years ago because he made me choose between my marriage and our unborn child. I choose our child and had a beautiful baby girl alone. Since then my ex has kept me on the back burner with promises that one day we will be together. Last weekend I...

View more questions Search