Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobgiovanni Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 09:57 PM
    Jehovahs Witnesses re marriage and clothing
    Can Jehovahs Witnesses receive wedding gifts?
    Can female Jehovahs Wintesses wear pants?
    Lolamae Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2007, 06:06 PM
    I am studying to be a Jehovah's Witness and I wear pants all the time and so does other females in the congregation. Yes, they do receive wedding gifts.
    Lenovo Posts: 180, Reputation: 14

Sep 2, 2007, 06:10 PM
    I AM a Jehovah's Witness, and yes, witnesses can received wedding gifts, in fact most of them do. And as for the pants thing, if they couldn't what else would they wear? Yes, women CAN wear pants, there is nothing stating they can't. I am curious though as to where you heard that...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 06:15 PM
    I have been the guest to a few JW weddings, they are nice services, nothing much different than one I may do myself. And yes gifts are allowed ( and expected in the cases where I went)
    I would not wear pants to a formal wedding of any religion, but then that is your choice
    jedd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bobgiovanni
    Can Jehovahs Witnesses receive wedding gifts?
    Can female Jehovahs Wintesses wear pants?
    Yes and yes
    tgshcc Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 3, 2010, 02:54 PM
    All of the above answers are correct. There is nothing wrong with giving a new couple gifts to set up their household. Women are allowed to wear slacks --the problem would be if someone was deliberately trying to pass for someone of the opposite sex. Formal affairs, such as meeting attendance, and weddings, people would wesr dress clothes == men suits, including ties, coats and women wear dresses, skirts.
    Jlouise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 07:14 PM
    I don't know what congregation you are in - but over here in PA not one woman will dare to wear pants to any meetings. I mentioned that I heard one NJ congreg. In Hudson County being allowed to wear dress slacks; and they assured me that I must have heard "wrong" - - that no elders would make such an announcement - and I was told that (they are still in the dark ages) for the skirt rule - it is still strictly discouraged for any women to wear pants/slacks to meetings. I am curious to know what congregation women wear pants and what is the percentage of the women - because it makes me SO UNEASY to put a skirt on - in this day and age - it feels like going out in public in a horse and buggy vs. getting in a normal car. I make this statement because if we have moved on in styles / we should dress where we are "modest" yet formal. I feel embarrassed to go out of my house in a skirt as I would feel embarrassed to go out in a skirt ANYwhere / I feel like I am amish or something. It's just not "me" to wear a skirt.
    janeghhj34 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2012, 02:33 PM
    I study with jehovahs witness and I go to their meetings in my jeans and everyone is so friendly and nice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emo clothing? [ 12 Answers ]

Ummm hi :D Is emo clothing so over??

Jehovah Witnesses and blood transfusions [ 33 Answers ]

British Columbia Canada. Sextuplets were born. 3 of them were taken into government custody to give them life saving blood transfusions. Which is against the Jehovah Witnesses religion. The Toronto Sun Newspaper poll asked did the government have that right to take the authority off the...

What are the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses [ 7 Answers ]

What are the beliefs of Jahova Witness that distiguish it from other denominations? Why can't they give gifts but they can receive gifts? Thanks Penny Princess

Intimidation of Witnesses [ 6 Answers ]

I have a legal disupute with my former employer involving Unemployment; I have a court hearing tomorrow. I Anyway, I checked with my main witness today to remind her of the time for tomorrow to find out she was no longer willing to help us, and lied about being out of town. I know the...

View more questions Search