Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kjterry33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Scalping my lawn?
    I was mowing my lawn w/ my craftsman lawn mower when all of a sudden I mowed a rock by mistake.The mower instantly shut off but when I tried to mow again there was a big circular bald spot in my lawn created fron the right side of the deck!Everything else still works and it still starts up fine but whenever I try to mow the same thing happens after45 seconds of mowing! PLEASE HELP!
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

Aug 30, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kjterry33
    I was mowing my lawn w/ my craftsman lawn mower when all of a sudden i mowed a rock by mistake.The mower instantly shut off but when i tried to mow again there was a big circular bald spot in my lawn created fron the right side of the deck!Everything else still works and it still starts up fine but whenever i try to mow the same thing happens after45 seconds of mowing! PLEASE HELP!
    I'd gain access to the bottom of the lawn mower to see if something is bent or damaged, maybe even loose. Do that, and then let me know what you find. We can go from there.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 08:10 PM
    Well , there are several possibilities here, but since you are finding a complete circular scalping , you have more than likely bent you blade.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn and garden lawn mowers honda 3011 [ 2 Answers ]

I Have A Honda 3011 Riding Mower. The Battery Is Charged And When I Engage The Transmission, The Warning Beep Sounds Loudly. When I Turn The Key To Start, There Is No Sound And No Cranking. Any Suggestions To Cure Will Be Appreciated. Thanks.

Lawn and Garden - Push lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

I put a new blad on my craftsman push mower but it is vibrating roughly. Do you have a diagram of how the blade should go on? Is it washer, blade, washer, bolt or blade, washer, washer, bolt, etc?

Lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need a pulley diagram

Lawn tractor [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1982 murray lawn tractor 11/36 I need a drive belt diagram where can I find one

View more questions Search