Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    housewives16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 03:51 PM
    1999 Ford Taurus
    I have a 1999 Ford Taurus V6 Vulcan, and I just installed a car stereo or car deck and when I flip the ignition backwards or key the car stereo does not turn on and I would like to know what's going on, its not any fuses cause I looked at them. Can anyone help me out here thanks.

THanks
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

Aug 30, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Did you use a wiring harness to connect the deck? If you did, recheck the wiring that you did. Does your clock reset on the radio when you turn the car off? I would assume that on your car turning the key back is called "accessory".

Sounds like the accessory wire on the wiring harness isn't connected to the accessory wire coming from the deck. Check that first.
    housewives16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by modular01
    Did you use a wiring harness to connect the deck? If you did, recheck the wiring that you did. Does your clock reset on the radio when you turn the car off? I would assume that on your car turning the key back is called "accessory".

Sounds like the accessory wire on the wiring harness isn't connected to the accessory wire coming from the deck. Check that first.

Is the accessory wire for the harness the redish and yellow or the pink and black, because I have it hood up to the redish/yellow, should it be the pink and black or is their another wire
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by housewives16
    Is the accessory wire for the harness the redish and yellow or the pink and black, because i have it hood up to the redish/yellow, should it be the pink and black or is their another wire
    Black/Pink will be HOT in Run or Acc positions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 ford taurus won't shift into gear [ 8 Answers ]

The car will not go into gear, the auto shift lever feels different and has no resistance. It is my nephews car and I have not seen it so I am using his info. Does the car have mechanical linkage to trany or is it electric? Is it possibly just an electrical problem or do we have a smoked...

1999 Taurus won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My 1999 Ford Taurus has been a good car, but yesterday after getting home from somewhere, I went out to my car to run an errand. Even though I had driven it not 5 minutes prior, it won`t even turn over when I try to start it. I have checked every fuse relating to the starter, anyone know what`s...

1999 Ford Taurus [ 1 Answers ]

Vehicle intermittently down shifts (feels like Torque converter clutch disengageing) At highway speeds. Transmission was replaced issue still remains. FORD/Mecury dealers seem lost. Any Ideas No trouble codes. Thank you

1999 Taurus Transmission Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for some help dealing with a 1999 Taurus LX Flex Fuel. In slow/bumper to bumper traffic, or at any slow cruise, such as looking for a parking spot, the transmission jerks between gears, as if it is looking for the gear it needs to be in. Seems to be shifting between 1st and 2nd gear....

91 ford Taurus [ 3 Answers ]

I have No Power going to the Starter Headlights or Brake Lights is there a grounding strap or something that could be the problem PLEASE HELP

View more questions Search