Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigPoodle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2005, 04:46 PM
    How do you change lightbulbs on an enclosed ceiling fixture?
    This one's Hampton Bay and the electrical people took the instructions with them when they left months ago. I don't know how to get the outer ring, which is plastic, off the glass part so I can change the lightbulbs. Do I pry it off with a screwdriver or does it screw off? I've tried to do the latter and so far, no luck. :rolleyes: Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2005, 06:49 PM
    I think Home Depot carries them. Go to one and find one like it and ask the clerk for help.
    winemaker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 09:30 AM
    If it is a Windward model:

Rotate the glass fixture about 1 tenth of a turn and it should drop down.
    The ring is not used at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan light fixture stopped working but fan still works why? [ 14 Answers ]

New light put in my Hampton Bay ceiling fan, but then after a few days, no light bulbs work but fan runs fine, why is this happening?:confused:

Hampton Bay ceiling fan direction change [ 4 Answers ]

I have an HB fan that I can not find a model number for. The fan uses remote model UC7076T. Can anyone tell me how to change the direction of the fan, I can not find a switch on the fan and the remote does not have a direction button on it. Thanks and Hurry it is hot... :mad:

Light-bulb change in HB fixture? [ 2 Answers ]

The condo unit I bought has a Hampton Bay light fixture in the kitchen (flushmount, 2-lights, 60w, frosted glass)... this sounds funny to type these words, but how do I change the bulbs? Does the glass portion unscrew? Does the fixture pull-down from the ceiling? I am very hesitant to monkey...

Replacing Ceiling Fixture Problem [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to replace two single light pendants with two double lighted ceiling fixtures. In the room there are three single pendant lights that are controlled with a single light switch. The problem we are having is that the new ceiling light fixtures have two sets of black/white/ground...

Ceiling Fan light cord & Fixture [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Hampton Bay Ceiling fan that has been working fine for a year or so. There are two questions I have for anyone who can offer assistance: 1. The light cord doesn't work. Well, actually, it works sporadically, but rarely. When I pull the cord, it seems to not catch whatever it's...

View more questions Search