Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjack31 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Child custody
    My wife does not drive or work and has 2 other children, but has no custody. I am looking to divorce and gain custody of the child we have together. She is on depression and anxiety medicine, does this help?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 30, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Help in what? You need to discxuss this with your divorce attorney. Custody is part of the divorce decree.
    gabra_123 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Aug 30, 2007, 11:22 AM
    At the divorce hearing her medical problems can be mentioned, but unless the medication is not dealing with her problems it won't have much bearing on the final decision. A lack of income and, depending on her living local, ready transportation might have more pull(she could not make emergency runs to the doctors... ). In the end it depends on the judge, and your own story. The system tends to favor the mother. Keep a written log of any erratic behavior, times when her situation might be considered a detriment to the childes wellbeing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support and Child Custody [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering If child support and child custody are the same. I have a six year old daughter and I want to see her badly but her mother is holding child support over my head. I'm not saying she shouldn't but I have given her money on many occasions and for a year consitantly. Yet she refuses to...

Father seeking child custody of an unborn child [ 8 Answers ]

How can I get partial custody to my unborn child? The mother refusing to name me as the father. I know I can file after the baby is born, but I want to be there for the birth of my child.

Child custody of an unborn child [ 2 Answers ]

My question is concerning my sister, she moved to this state I live in now, only a year ago,to live with me, she got pregnant by some guy she was seeing, when he started beating her up she left him,(she was only 2 months pregnant at this time) now she's 7 months pregnant and we are moving back...

Child Custody [ 1 Answers ]

I live in BC, Canada. I have been in a commonlaw relationship for 6 years now. I have recently found out my partner had slept with someone else 2 years ago. His family has been mentally and emotionally abusive to me and he is an alcoholic. I don't want our daughter around his family at all. ...

Child custody [ 1 Answers ]

I really need some advice I recently left my abusive hubby of 5 years. And we have a 7 year old daughter together . I was letting him see her every weekend. Cause she loves her father and I would like her to continue doing so.he pick her up on dec the 17 and went to Florida with her .now he is...

View more questions Search