Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamiejum Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Credit for work experience and college credits
    Hello,
    I have received associates degree, taken masters level courses and received numerous amounts of professional training considered as credit hours.
    Is there anyplace that is accredited and/or recognized that can equivilate this to a degree for me?
    Thanks,
    Jamie
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Aug 30, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Master's level is a relative term. Who says they are Master's level? We need some more info if we are to give you any real advice.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 30, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Your classes sound like they are not part of an approved program so I don't believe any university would even think of pulling them together and calling it a degree. It sounds like you have not reached a BA or BS yet so MS classes aren't going to count for anything.

Aug 30, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Masters Level Courses are courses that I took in Australia at an accredited university (Deakin University). I took 80 credit hours of online work as a requirement for my job. I also have over 80 credit hours from Oakton Community College, which is also accredited. With my job, I have participated in 200 hours of training (documented). Certainly, there must be someplace that can say... you have an undergraduate degree??

Aug 30, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Gain credits for coursework taken
    Hello,
    I have asked this in another forum, but didn't get my point across. I am a U.S. citizen who has taken courses in America and overseas. In addition I have received a lot of professional education. Here is the breakdown

Oakton Community College: 80 hours of credit work
    Deakin University: 80 hours of credit work
    Professional training: 200 hours of credit work

Is there anyplace that is registered or accredited that can look at these transcripts and say... this person has the equivalent of a Bachelors in Science??
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 30, 2007, 11:17 AM
    On the whole any college offering degrees based on work experience are pulling a fast one and are NOT accredited any where at all.
    They aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Please refer to THS STICKY

Now rather than trying to get a meaningless degree why not get a raft of professional qualifications?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 30, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Threads Merged as they make more sense when read as a whole.

Aug 30, 2007, 11:27 AM
    What do you mean a raft of professional education?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Have you tried visiting a college or university counselor and having them evaluate what you have? Enroll for the BS and just take whatever else is needed to complete it.

My husband got credit for many courses he took in the Navy, however some courses were not credited since they did not pertain to his major.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recognised Best online Universities for work Experience degree [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Any University which is recognised by Department of Education either regional or State. Offering Life Experience or Work Experience degrees.

What college credits [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a high school student planning on going pseo(post-secondary enrollment options) and I want to know what college credits I should go for.

Work experience technical degrees [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... this is kalyan, I want to earn a work experience technical degree with my experience.

Home schooled: credits for college? [ 3 Answers ]

Im homeschooled, this is my senior year, I would like to know how I can obtain credits for Collage, does anyone know anything about it? If you do please can you help me with some information please?

View more questions Search