Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    x2scorp Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2007, 03:36 AM
    Fatty Feeling CYsts or Deposits under my skin
    :o MY mother-in-law has these fatty deposits under her skin kind of circular they aren't visibly noticeable . She has seen her family doctor and she needs to go get a biopsy of them but her insurance won't pay for it(sigh) anyway, have any clues or have you experienced this?

Thanks,
    Melissa:eek:
    reccles Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2007, 04:59 AM
    Without actually examining the lesion, it's hard to say what it may be. However, a well demarcated (usually circular), non-tender, motile, fatty, "deposit" under the skin is usually indicative of a lipoma, which is a benign fatty growth. Why won't the insurance pay for the biopsy? Your peace of mind is worth more than the cost of the biopsy and pathology tests. Go to your doctor and tell them that you are willing to pay for the test out of pocket. You know you have a good family physician if they are willing to do the biopsy during a less busy time in their schedule, and just charge for a regular visit. The pathologist on the other hand... Anyway, talk to the doctor AND the insurance company and find out why they will not cover the biopsy. Could be something as simple as miscommunication as to the nature of the problem.

The above is for information purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. You should always contact your personal physician with any questions or concerns.
    bbkids1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2010, 11:27 AM
    My 15 mo old son has a fatty cyst in his abdominal wall brought him in and it was not there doc could not feel anything and then got him home and it was back but it moved now over the belly button what could this be and if it is a fatty cyst what do they do for it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal bumps = fatty deposits? [ 4 Answers ]

I've went to be checked a year or so ago, for little bumps that I would get on the inner lips of the vagina for the past 8 years or so. I was told these were fatty deposits, and I had no diseases, no cancer & I was healthy looking. Has anyone else heard of this? I've tried finding more info on the...

Pinkie the fatty [ 14 Answers ]

OK theirs this fat ugly annoying stupid delutionaly girl at my school she's really annoying and thinks all the guys like her when they make fun of her I completely hate her she makes fun of me like the guys she follows do the thing is most of them are my friend and are just jokin around they call...

Security deposits/pet deposits - Texas tenant law [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, This involves a lease that went month to month and verbal agreements. During tenants stay, they broke several personal items (sculptures, fountain) on the property and brought in a second dog. In the written lease, there is nothing abuot pets. I gave them erbal permission to have one...

Fatty stomach [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am mejo my weight is 93 now actually my ideal weight is 73-76. My problem is I have a very fatty stomach:( . I am much worried about this. Can I get some tips to reduce it. Thank u

Fatty chest [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I have some how developed heavy fat on the chest... I am 5'10" and my weight is 78.. I have good muscles on shoulders and biceps.. but some how since 10 std I have this chest fat and it looks oughful on t shirts.. and if I need to take it off.. thats a nightmare.. so please let me know about...

View more questions Search