Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanus Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Sep 4, 2005, 04:52 PM
    Simple Derivation?
    I'm not sure if I'm simply forgetting basics here...

what is dy/dx where y=

x^(x*r/k)

r and k are constants.
    reinsuranc Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Sep 5, 2005, 08:27 AM
    derivative
    y=x^(x*r/k)
    Take natural logarithms of each side:
    LNy=LN(x^(x*r/k)).
    Recall the rule for exponents within the logarithm function:
    LNy=(x*r/k)LN(x).
    Now take derivatives of both sides:
    (1/y)(dy/dx)=...

Can you finish it from here? Remember to substitute the original expression for y into the (1/y) term.
    shanus Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Sep 6, 2005, 12:09 AM
    That's a nice way of doing it,
    I will be right from here.

Thanks a heap :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have some simple questions please help? [ 5 Answers ]

Hope I get the ANswer with but more detals , not very much detail, but simple complete detail. Q1) How to set primary key in Access ? Q2) How can I set my query to see only " Female " group of records? Q3)How can I create a report using Access?

Simple opt --> h1b Tax Question(s) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I am a single little Canadian citizen with these characteristics: OPT from March 23, 2005 to August 17, 2005. H1B from September 17, 2005 to present. 1) Does this qualify me for dual residecy? 2) For two pay periods while I was on OPT (March/April), Social Security and ...

Simple Tax Question [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I've a simple tax question. I was on OPT until September 2005 and my H1 started from October 1st, 2005. I wanted to know what forms do I need to file and what deductions can I claim? I started paying social security and medicare taxes from October 1st. Thank you. Himanshu.

Simple convert in VB6 [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a minor problem to convert hexadecimal (entered as string in a textbox) into decimal. Currently, I'm trying to do the conversion through ascii method... but seems unable to get the right syntax. Or are there any functions in VB6 that does this? Thanks everyone.

A simple program [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am to write a computer program to express the variation of specific heat Cp of air with Temperature as a third- degree polynomial, using the data in Table A-2b, in our book. The formula of Cp isn't important, I couldn't understand how the program is supposed to express the variation of...

View more questions Search