Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FLTraumaRN911 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 12:31 AM
    Karma is all I can say
    Here is my problem. I am divorced and have joint custody with her having primary residence. She has done nothing but use our children as cash cows for herself. Any how My questions are these. My ex has to have extensive surgery on her spine. That will render her Disabled. That is not being able to work, drive, or take care of a 5 and 4 yr old. I have been discussing with her about taking over custody on a temporary basis, but she is refusing to allow that to happen. I have first right of refusal written into my divorce papers, but she is wanting her new man to help her with the kids so she is refusing to allow this to happen. If I understand correctly she can not do this. So I should be able to file an emergency hearing to get this change. Second If this is granted. I should be able to file for permanent custody, based on the fact she will be unable to provide for the children, not be able to drive, nor take care of them. This will also play a big role because my ex and her new man are having problems as it is. So she will probably have to move in with her parents again, because she will not be able to support herself much less the children. Any help here?
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 30, 2007, 12:52 AM
    Yes-you understand correctly... You have the right to file an emergency hearing to modify the custody order on a temporary basis. Step-parents do not have custody rights. I am sure you will prevail.First get temporary sole physical custody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think my boyfriend has bad karma [ 4 Answers ]

This may seem like a pretty weird question, but I think my boyfriend might have bad karma. He's a nice, good guy but his car keeps getting broken into. This has been going on for about five years. It doesn't matter where we are or what kind of car he is driving, his car has been crashed into while...

Coincidence - or Karma? [ 6 Answers ]

Quickie: My sister-in-law died mysteriously at the home of her ex-husband in Texas in 2001. Her ex-husband died mysteriously in the same home in 2004. There were several things reported to us by a friend of our former in-law that make us feel that Luanne may have taken revenge for her death...

Do You believe in KARMA? [ 19 Answers ]

WELL I was just wondering if anyone else believes in karma I know I do, I think I'm paying the price right now.. just thought it would be neat from other opinions :rolleyes:

Karma & Self-Esteem (or Self-image) [ 13 Answers ]

Hello everybody, I'm very new to this site and this is my first post. I've been searching for a rational answer to my question below for a very long time, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find a convincing one up to moment. I hope that someone could help me here. Okay, my question...

Theft under 2 time, very worried, karma [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Canadian since 3 years, educated and smart, believer of spirituality, being kind and being truthful. Yet, this year made two biggest mistake of my life, left corporate world several years ago, due to the office politics, found a freelance job, since than funds not steady, although...

View more questions Search