Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blondie00 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Does he want more than friendship?
    I have been friends with a guy for just over 4 months now, we met off the internet. He always texts me every week, and we usually go the movies and dinner. We get on really well together and have a lot of fun.

The thing is, he's a very touchy feely guy and always has been for the time I've known him. He's always touching my arm when he's talking to me and gives me a hug goodbye. The last few weeks he has also kissed me on the cheek with the goodbye hug and that got me thinking, does he want to be more than friends? I know touchy feely is usually shown to be flirting but I don't know if maybe he's just an affectionate guy.

We hung out last night - movies and dinner. The touchy feely was full on, touching my arm, putting his arm around my neck a times and on my back when we were walking. Then in the car outside his house when I dropped him home afterwards, it got a bit weird. The goodbye hug, he drew me in really close to him and held me there for awhile and then gave me a goodbye kiss.

On my way home he texted me saying "im sorry if i was a wierder then normal when you left, was fightin the incredible urge to kiss or bite ur neck...damn full moon! howl!!! lol" (it was a full moon last night when we went out.) I texted him back saying "damn boy! and here I am thinking I had bad breath or something, or is that me having a blonde moment!" and then he texted back "no, be assured you smell very nice, and very edible, thus the near fang work, and hey you can't use the blonde excuse for everything, no fair!)

I'm soooo new to dating, so I'm really confused. I've had a feeling he might like me as more than a friend but I really have no idea unless a guy is really direct with me. Even the text he sent me I'm still confused. Is that him wanting to be sexual or is that his way of saying he wants more or is he just being playfully friendly??" Cause I even think that a kiss goodbye on the cheek is more than friends. We sometimes talk about sex but really in a generalised way (plus is doesn't help he works for a company that sells adult products) so now I'm thinking maybe he just wants sex? But 4 months on, if that was what he was after and hadn't gotten it, wouldn't he have moved on already?

Thanks in advances for all advice.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 11:20 PM
    Instead of guessing or asking others about how he feels, why don't you just ask him? Please don't do it electronically but straight up when you are with him. You can do this. I know you can.

If you are wanting to get into a relationship with someone that is more than "just friends" I would suggest getting used to communicating one-on-one outside of anything electronic. People can be so phony using electronic communications. It can leave a person guessing as to what the other person really meant.

I know that this might not be totally the case with you and him, but to me, people who rely almost exclusively on electronically communicating with each other might be sending a signal of "don't get too close to me." "This is as close as I am going to allow you to get."
    gabra_123 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Aug 30, 2007, 01:44 AM
    I agree, Face to Face is always best, although with the way technology is these days many don't see the difference. A few tips on the side though: a guy will not generally notice what a girl smells like unless he has more on his mind than friendship, invading a persons personal space by touching them playing with their watch... is on the cosmo list of how to get a person to notice you and guys quite often find it easier to say things that they are nervous about over the phone(they don't need to look you in the eyes if you reject them.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

When a friendship goes to far [ 12 Answers ]

Does anyone think that it's normal for a married man who's 35 to have a frienship with a 20 year old co worker girl for them to text page one another and call each other, also when the wife goes to the job and then she sees his wife and she gets very upset and storms out of the job and slams her...

Confusing Friendship [ 7 Answers ]

I have a friend who seems to have a few problems with/about me. Firstly we have had a few fights in the past about her problems with/in life but when I try to talk to her about my problems it seems as though she doesn't want to listen to me and doesn't care about them. Every time her parents...

Now she only wants friendship? [ 10 Answers ]

We broke up 6 months ago, she was my first love, if I try the no contact for three weeks, she calls me, wanting to be just "friends" and talk about "friendly things"... we were together for 8 months long distance. I want her back, It literally makes me sick to think about her with new guys still....

Should I Risk A Friendship? [ 15 Answers ]

I just finished my senior year of high school and have been best friends with this AMAZING guy since I was in elementary school. We developed strong feelings for each other and decided to take a risk(on our strong friendship) and see if dating could work. At first, it was going great until I...

Friendship with woman [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 42 yr married man and having a caring wife and two lovely children.I am happy with my married life. I have a woman friend of mine. She is also married age 37yrs.we are in same profession. We like each other and care for each other.we are not in any kind of physical relationship nor...

View more questions Search