Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patsy113062 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Methathione and carpal tunnel syndrome
    I am suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome, can taking methathione, which is known to cure arthritis help?
    reccles Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2007, 05:33 AM
    First - there is no "cure" for arthritis

Second - Metathione (glutathione) is a tripeptide (mixture of 3 amino acids) that is used as an over-the-counter antioxidant/detoxicant. I doubt that it would have much anti-inflammatory/anti-arthritis effect at all.

Your best bet for CTS is:
    1) Measures such as proper wrist supports on your keyboard/mouse, minimizing repetitive motions (like those in sewing, knitting, typing, etc.)
    2) Wearing a wrist brace at night
    3) Plain ol' NSAIDs (Motrin, Naprosyn, etc.) to decrease the inflammation

If the above don't have an effect, and your symptoms are severe, a carpal tunnel release (surgery) may be your only option.

The above is for information purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. You should always contact your personal physician with any questions or concerns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tourette's Syndrome [ 2 Answers ]

My father and I have Tourette's so I can only assume it's a genetic thing. The only good thing about it our syndrome is that it's not anything violent. Just a series of annoying tics and gestures and whatnot. Whether it be blinking, moving my ears, expanding my nostrils, raising my eyebrows, it...

Querry about methathione [ 1 Answers ]

What is methathione? Its side effects? What does it give to the body? How much does I take in a day? Is there an overdose?

Carpal tunnel/legalities [ 3 Answers ]

I have a slight case of the condition, carpal tunnel. I have been in a profession that requires me to type at least 90% of the day, for the past 25 years. Recently I have been experiencing aching in my neck and tingling in my fingers. I like my job but my health is more important. I have...

80's / 90's Movie About Midevil Knights Digging Tunnel to New York [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking for the title of a movie that I saw 15-20 years ago, on VHS. I remember that the movie was about some knights who were besieged in a castle in Europe (England, perhaps) and that in desperation, they decided to dig a tunnel to freedom or for help. They dug so far that...

View more questions Search