Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    x2scorp Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Aug 29, 2007, 06:58 PM
    An Associates Degree in Psychology
    I am currently in classes for a degree in psychology and will be graduating with an associates degree within the next year. I am interested in following up on my education and fascinated in the specific area of neuropsychology. I would like to get my foot in the door with some experience in the field before I pursue transferring to a bigger university to get my bachelors, etc. I was wondering if there are psych jobs out there for the fresh out of college psychology major with just an "associates degree in psychology".. . or even an internship (anything to get some field experience lol):p in the North East.. . NJ/PA/NY area?:D
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 07:00 PM
    If you are a year out, your school should refer you to a hospital or institution that has an externship program.

Contact your local mental health facilities to see if they offer externships in your area of study.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 07:01 PM
    New Jersey & Philadelphia have a lot of teaching hospitals, have you checked in with any of those to see if there are any possible internships? Do you have access through your college to monsterTrak - you can find a lot of internships on there. Your best bet is to sort of "hit the pavement" and see what's available.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 07:04 PM
    The kind of work you are currently looking for is called an EXTERNSHIP, please do not confuse that with an internship as there are different requirements for each.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Psychology [ 4 Answers ]

What is the nature of consciousness? When not fully conscious, what behavious or mental activities (such as perception, learning) may occur unchanged? What activities occur but function differently? What activities cease?

I just received my Associates in Business. [ 1 Answers ]

And starting my BS in Psychology, and afterwards getting my Master's in Occupational Therapy. I love school, I really do. I just don't know what I want to do in life. When I start working will employers admire the fact that I have a diversity of different degrees, or shun away because of my degree...

Avoiding "degree mills", seeking real degree! [ 9 Answers ]

I started as an education major in the State University of NY Oswego. I made an unusual, and perhaps unwise decision to put my learning in first place, and made no efforts to get a degree. I read "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Ivan Illich, and got turned on to his untraditional, radical approach to...

Psychology [ 1 Answers ]

What is the scope of abnormal psychology?

Psychology [ 2 Answers ]

Why study psychology?

View more questions Search