Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 04:47 PM
    File a claim
    Dear everyone,

I sold a book on half. eBay. The receiver contacted me saying the envelope arrived without the book, it was an empty envelope!

He said he has contacted the post office and try to find out it they lost it. He then said didn't find it, it wan't post office's fault, it was because I didn't ues the proper size of envelope!

He says he is going to file a claim, what's that mean? Does that mean I am forced to give him money back?

I think he might be a scammer! :mad:

I have 100% positive feedback.
    I did use the right size and sealed well, I 've also got the receipt!

What should I do now? What happen if he files a claim?? :confused:
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 04:58 PM
    NSP, did you look under their policy for shipping? They tell you to insure the package. Did you do that?

Here is a link to their guidelines on selling and filling an order. Scroll down and read everything under PACKAGING. You are going to have to deal with the administrators of the site and get direction from them.
    Selling - Filling an Order
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Aug 29, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Is he filing a claim with eBay or the post office?
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Aug 29, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Hello.

The claim will be filed with the postoffice, The post office will cover the cost of the book not you.

Dennis777
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 05:10 PM
    I think eBay...
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 05:12 PM
    He is the receiver, and he was saying because I didn't put it in the right size!
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 05:13 PM
    First of all I don't believe that. I had his same thing happen to me when I sold books on Ebay. I had one of the envelopes rip off the post office sent me a notice saying "sorry we lost your item" with the ripped envelope. The post office would not deliver the item to the addressee they would return it to you.

I think he is trying to scam you.

In the future do shipping confirmation so you can prove that they received the item.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Should I contact them before he files a claim or after eBay deducts my money from my accounts?
    How do I contact them except for emailing, there is no number.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 05:24 PM
    Would you guys please read this for me, see if I am replying him correctly? Thankyou

I haven't heard back from the post office yet. I sure will call them again tomorrow, and let you know what they say about it.I made sure I sealed it in a proper size, there was plenty of space for the chemistry text book in that white envelope.

I have the receipt as well. I have done business honestly with every single customer I had before.

I will be talking to the PO again tomorrow,I hope it gets sort out soon.

P.S.Are you saying you could file a claim with the post office?

Thank you for your patience.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 05:26 PM
    You have buyers protection. Read the policy. & read the directions in the link I gave you above.
    Half.com Policies - Buyer Protection Policy
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 05:27 PM
    I think the email looks fine.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 05:31 PM
    By now you know better than posting the same question on multiple boards. ;)

It only creates confusion.

The answers you got on your other thread have been merged with this one, and the other deleted.
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Aug 29, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Then he is going to file an item not received dispute with eBay meaning they will ask for your side f the story and decide who is telling the truth.
    Then they will either close the dispute or give you a strike against your eBay account.
    If he paid by paypal he can also file a dispute with them and may receive a refund.
    Hold on to your recipt you may need it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 05:41 PM
    I just realize, that he emailed me to without the "email forward systems"...

What is the difference between emailing from my own email address and under ebay's acct message system?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 05:53 PM
    Sometimes, people who are not the buyer will email you without going though eBay or paypal. They will email your address directly and say they are the buyer and want a refund. But they are not even the real buyer. Have you contacted the actual buyer though the eBay to confirm it is the real buyer contacting you??

Next yes, that is why you always require postal ( shipping) insurance on everything you sell, that way it would be insured to get there.

Also if a package is opened normally the Post Office will note it and special pack it to the receiver.

I buy a fair amount on eBay and get cheated about 1 in 10 each time I buy, seller does not ship to me or ship damaged or incorrect items.
    I have had a few buyers do claim but since I always purchase insurance when I ship, we allow them to file claim there.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 05:54 PM
    nicespringgirl agrees: since you have deleted the ones on other board,do those people who have responded on other boards still get posted on this OP?
    Yes, they will. Please do not double post, or in this instance, triple post. It just causes confusion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file a claim with out a lawyer [ 5 Answers ]

We bought a home in 2004. We were told it would take 6-8 months to build, but in the contract it says within reasonable time which was 24 months. So we figured OK about 8 -12 months 15 months tops. Well we checked every weekend for 12months and not even 1 brick was laid. At the time homes were...

How to file a claim for a medicare and social security refund for an f1 student [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering how to file a refund for a f1 student for medicare and social security. I keep on finding plenty of info for how the f1 students to file, but how does the employer do it? Thanks

What location do I go to file a claim? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Scottsdale,AZ. And need to find out where I go to file a small claims?? ::

How to file a counter claim in an eviction law suit [ 1 Answers ]

How do I file a counter claim against my landlord, when I am being sued for non-payment of rent, when he actually owes me money. I do not have an attorney and I can not afford one, so I will be representing myself in court.

2nd Mortgage Holder did not file claim [ 2 Answers ]

Our Chapter 13 was confirmed in November 2005. We have a 1st and 2nd mortgage but our 2nd mortgage holder, Charter One, did not file a claim. So only our 1st mortgage is being paid through the plan. Does Charter One still have a lien since they did not file a claim within the 60 day period? ...

View more questions Search