Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vortex511 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Medical Bills
    I am a 54 year old disabled person. I am currently receiving Social Security Disability and have Medicare A (B?) and D. It is the part not covered by Medicare that is killing me, I am now over $1400.00 in debt . There is no way I can ever pay even a little of this as , just to pay rent, food, gas, and auto Insurance (the bare minimum) I have no extra money. Is there some way of getting help paying this?
    Thank you,
    Bob
    CodysgirlBrittney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex511
    I am a 54 year old disabled person. I am currently receiving Social Security Disability and have Medicare A (B?) and D. It is the part not covered by Medicare that is killing me, I am now over $1400.00 in debt . There is no way I can ever pay even a little of this as , just to pay rent, food, gas, and auto Insurance (the bare minimum) I have no extra money. Is there some way of getting help paying this?
    Thank you,
    Bob
    U Should Tell Them You'll Pay Them 150 A Month Till Its Paid Off
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 05:33 PM
    You can ask if the clinic or hospital you owe the money to has a charity fund and then apply for it. You could also ask some of your local non profit service organizations, like Salvation Army, if they have any funds to help defray those costs. Maybe even one of those organizations would do a fundraiser for you. The local AmVets here does at least benefit a month for someone with medical concerns.

I don't know how you could afford to pay the bills off with your limited and fixed income. But I do wish you all the best in getting some help. Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Several things,

1. For future, is there a state welfare, medicaid program, here in TN those on limited income can get into that program it pays basically what medicare does not cover

2. if you don't fit into the above, there are medicare managed care plans, it is something new these last couple years. A company manages your medicare and basically supplies a lot bettter benefit, drug plan and all.
    Normally it does not cost any more than just the medicare plans.

3. For current, call the doctors and hospitals and tell them, they may want copies of your income and bank statement, to prove you have nothing, but most will write off from 1/2 to all of what you owe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical bills trouble [ 18 Answers ]

I have 32,000 in medical bills and now way to pay them off I can barely afford to feed my kids let alone these medical bills I have the title to one car and nothing else I just received a summons to appear in court on the 26 of January I already have one garnishment they are taking out of my...

Paying medical bills [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I need help with my medical bills. My husband had to have surgery but we were in between insurances. We do have it now. There are the hospital plus doctor and anesthesiologist and others and its over 50,0000 and its killing us with the other household bills. Were starting to fall behind on...

Sued over medical bills [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3500.00 in unpaid medical bills. These are currently in collections. I recently began making payments of 50.00 per month. I missed last month. Now they have demanded 500.00 per month. They will temporarily allow me to pay 250.00 per month for 3 months. I told them that would be impossible....

Medical bills [ 15 Answers ]

About a week ago my son was injured when a horseshoe hit him in the nose. He was standing slightly behind me, more on the side of me. We were standing about five feet form the peg in the ground, on the receiving end. His grandfather was the throwee and it richoted off the peg and around me and...

Medical bills [ 4 Answers ]

Can A Collection Agency Sue Me For Medical Bills If It Is Already On My Credit Report?

View more questions Search