Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Doug Crf Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2005, 09:15 AM
    Mold Under the eavs around the house
    Since all the strong rains we had this last rainy season I have been noticing
    A lot of deffernt tan or blackish looking stains under the eavs.I hope wood rot
    Or mold is not starting.
    Does any one know how to prevent these type of problems?I was thinking
    May be bleach but I am not sure if that would be good and the house is green so If the bleach would work I wonder if it would bleach the paint.
    Any ways any one have any ideas.
    Thanks Doug.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2005, 01:12 PM
    If you don't use too much bleach, or let it stand very long, likely you will get away with it. Next time you paint, look for mildew resistant paint. Better yet, cover the wood with vinyl or factory coated aluminum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mold [ 6 Answers ]

Hello my basement is unfished... last year we decided to put up blue stryaphone isolation over concrete walls... I am worried about mold because it is in a basement of an old farm house... if mold should grow behind the 1 inch blue styraphone is there anyway to know... thank you

Mold from a leaK? [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently had a leaky shower faucet which we were able to repair quickly with the help of this forum! Thanks Speedball1 We had a lot of water leak down the back of the shower, soak the insulation and eventually drip across the beam until it came out through the ceiling fan. The leak...

Possible mold [ 1 Answers ]

We have an eight year old home with a day light basement. I have noticed some yellow spots on the bottom of the walls in two of the closets in the basement. If this is mold what can be done?

New Air Conditioning / Mold [ 1 Answers ]

In March 2005, I had a 12 year old central heat pump replaced with a brand new unit. At the same time, I replaced the main ducting from the heat pump with brand new ducting. The H&A guys said the branch ducting was fine and didn't need to be replaced so it wasn't. Over the past couple of...

Mold [ 1 Answers ]

What will mold the fastest? Unrefrigerated cheese or bread? And approximately how long will this process takes?

View more questions Search