Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    killiebull Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Pulling together corian tops
    I'm looking for a clamping method for corian work surfaces other glueing 2 blocks and drawing them together,have seen a twin suction clamp system complete with a pulling ratchet but at $169.00 :eek: each I need a cheaper version.:o
    Cheers.
    The bull.
    heaphy Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Dec 17, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by killiebull
    i,m looking for a clamping method for corian work surfaces other glueing 2 blocks and drawing them together,have seen a twin suction clamp system complete with a pulling ratchet but at $169.00 :eek: each i need a cheaper version.:o
    cheers.
    the bull.

I work with Corian professionally. If you can't afford the specialized tool, then I suggest a variation of your old method. Cut six blocks of scrap 3/4" plywood each about 1" wide and 2" long. Use hot melt glue to attach three on either side of the seam, about half an inch from the seam. Clean everything with denatured alcohol to get threads of hot melt glue out of the seam area. Shim the countertop sections as needed to be sure the two surfaces are as close to level as possible. When you assemble the seam, draw the sections together with three Pony-type bar clamps, tightened snugly. When the adhesive hardens, remove the clamps and spray denatured alcohol on the edge of the wood blocks, which will help loosen the hot melt glue. You can pry the wood blocks off with a chisel - just be careful to avoid gouging the countertop surface.

My website has lots more information on Corian installation procedures:

Top Repair - Your Countertops Like New Again. DuPont Corian and Other Brands

- Jim Heaphy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 80's early 90's movie "High Tops" ? [ 21 Answers ]

Anyone ever heard of the movie (or like a stage play/musical) called "High Tops"? It was a high school with an angel and a devil... don't remember much else. Thanks. J

Laminate Sheets for kitchen counter tops [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get laminate sheets to cover my existing laminate counter tops. Everywhere I have looked they sell the precut counters themselves, but they are standard sizes. I have one counter that is L shaped and very long and that's not standard size I...

Granite Counter Tops Troubles [ 1 Answers ]

OK, here is my delima... I just had granite counter tops installed. They did not seal them so it was left up to me to do it. I bought a kit with everything needed to seal and wax it. Well, being the handy woman that I am :eek: I messed up. I did a small section to get the feel of it. It looked...

Kitchen Counter Tops [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking into replacing our counter top with Corian. Is this a good idea or not?

I have 4 fingernails that are pulling away [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 fingernails that are pulling away from the nail beds. My two thumb nails and the 3rd and 4th fingernails of my right hand. I have been to a dermatologist and he had me using thermal and peroxide treatment but after a year my old nail has not fallen off and the new nail has not grown in. ...

View more questions Search