Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Georgia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2005, 07:19 AM
    Suddnely feel sad and lonely
    It's very strange. These days, when by myself fell very lonely. When in big group I was always loud and laugh a lot, but always feel sad when return home. Always feel like curling up in to a ball on the bed, or watch romantic DVD, read books, so can escape from real life...

Have a secret crush on this guy, after knowing he has a girlfriend, try telling myself to stop thinking about it. I just settle for occasional chance of bumping into him, occasional smiles...

I don't think anyone know about my feelings, but his guy friends are becoming nice to me. Start to invite me to activities and stuff

But the girl friends around him, I'm not too sure, I feel like I'm getting bad vibes from them. When I try to be friendly in a group, they just ignore or change subject quickly.

Anyhoo, I doubt my sadness is solely due to this situation, but more like one of those waves of down period in a lifetime... want to get out this funk... :(
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2005, 10:34 AM
    Sad and Lonely
    How long have you felt the way you do? If it has been more than two weeks, you may want to talk to a physician about the possibility that you're suffering from clinical depression and inquire about treatment options. If it's been less than two weeks then it is probably, as you say, just "one of those waves of down period in a lifetime." It sounds like you're generally a very sociable, outgoing person who nevertheless needs some time to yourself and that's a good way to be. Now, as far as secret crushes on guys with girlfriends, you'd be wise to not be overly friendly in any manner with anyone who has a girlfriend. Women are generally very possessive of boyfriends/husbands and even things with innocent intentions can be misconstrued and stir up feelings of hostility and resentment on their part towards you, however unjustified such feelings may be. If you don't want to be unpopular with your female counterparts then don't establish a reputation for being a flirt. If this is confusing to you (and I'm sure it is), then perhaps try a little bit of "golden rule" mentality and ask yourself how friendly you would allow another female to be towards your husband or boyfriend if you had one. For example, would you be comfortable with your husband or boyfriend dancing with a shapely, attractive, eligible female at a club or a party? It sounds like you're very popular with men so focus on those who are "eligible", meaning totally unattached ; no girlfriend, no fiancée, no wife.
    Georgia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2005, 03:31 PM
    Thanks for the reply
    Hi s_cianci:

I was very perky during the week then when wknd came around just suddenly felt withdrawn... maybe it's the weather (was raining a lot during wknd)

I don't really interact with the guy. We not even friends, just acquintences. Probabably spoke less than 10 times and less than 20 setences. I never met his girlfriend, she is hardly around. But it's his female friends who are giving me cold shoulders. As far as flirting goes... I m usually considered tomboy... not much of master of flirt (wish I was though)

Thank you very much for the reply. I didn't feel I could confine in anyone around me (since I was always happy in front of them). It's good to let it out
    Thanks
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2005, 08:52 PM
    Hey Georgia - I know for a fact it's tough to be 'attracted' to someone from a far.

It double tough when he sees someone else. Most relationships do eventually fail. You may have a chnace with him IF you want to wait.

Flirting is nothing more than great, fun, light conversation.

Do you workout? I think exercise is the greatest way to keep feeling good.

Thius will take time - but, I bet a lot money that it eventually will go away.

Make sure to talk with guys when you're out - Flirtation skills start with simple conversation. Smile, touch his arm, play with your hair - the EYES are - the EYES - look into their EYES! The eyes tell the story to the sole
    paulspc Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 03:46 PM
    Been there and still here, but positive thinking breeds positive outcomes. Love being out and about but also come home and am sad but then think how I would want the outcome to be and that inspires me to continue to try and make it happen. I have a search going on but if I can help others in my quest then I will take time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lonely Dog [ 5 Answers ]

I have a wonderful 1 1/2 female Boxer, she is a great dog, friendly and always wants to be around people, she is crate trained, every morning after we go for a nice long walk we go back to the house and she goes right in her crate, she is only crated when we are not home, when we are home we are...

Lonely dog [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to put down my lovely blueheeler cassie this sunday:( . I have come to terms with this but I do not know how my other dog, pepper, a little jack russel terrier cross, will cope. She is younger than cassie and has known and depended on her for as long as she can remember. In the few hours...

Feeling lonely... what to do if anything... [ 14 Answers ]

I've been feeling VERY lonely lately. I'm not sure why really though. I hang out with my friends pretty much daily, but I feel like something is missing. I know this is the time where I really DO NOT need to jump into a relationship, but I don't know what to do about it. I just want someone to care...

Dumped and lonely! [ 8 Answers ]

:mad: My boyfriend of 4 yrs. And I just moved to the state of Tennessee to start and new life. After living in Florida, we decided to make the move. We both found jobs, moved into a nice home, everything was going just perfect. Ken was planning to fix up the house and I was so excited about...

View more questions Search