Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phoenixjourney Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 10:57 AM
    70's or 80's animated movies. Can't find titles.
    One with a boy all in white with a dunce cap shaped hat. Animation in watercolor. Who goes to a strange land where he meets these bouncing busty ladies that were mountains at one point? The animation is very simple and angular. The ladies even have pointy busts! It's very musical; the ladies sing to the boy as they bounce about on their sizeable bottoms. Please help me find this crazy cartoon.

Another one with a boy... newer than the first query where he plays the piano.. well the piano plays herself and the boy goes to a competition where she refuses to play because that would be cheating.

I would greatly appreciate any help you could give me.

I was looking for another but I think I found it. Does anyone else remember Unico?
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Aug 29, 2007, 11:20 AM
    The 2nd one is "Sparky's Magic Piano" >> I remember the piano used to talk in a sharp (slightly off sounding) squeaky voice, like it's keys. Forgot about this 1, I used to love it when it came on TV.

Aug 29, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixjourney
    one with a boy all in white with a dunce cap shaped hat. animation in watercolor. who goes to a strange land where he meets these bouncing busty ladies that were mountains at one point? the animation is very simple and angular. the ladies even have pointy busts! it's very musical; the ladies sing to the boy as they bounce about on their sizeable bottoms. please help me find this crazy cartoon.

another one with a boy... newer than the first query where he plays the piano.. well the piano plays herself and the boy goes to a competition where she refuses to play because that would be cheating.

I was looking for another but I think I found it. Does anyone else remember Unico?
    wow that was superfast! Heaps thanks!

I just remembered another random cartoon with dragons that 2 kids? A boy and girl befriend... it was like puff the magic dragon but not... there were several dragons that were nice and there was a bid red one that was their leader? It's sketchy
    Peggyann2023 Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Oct 9, 2007, 11:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixjourney
    one with a boy all in white with a dunce cap shaped hat. animation in watercolor. who goes to a strange land where he meets these bouncing busty ladies that were mountains at one point? the animation is very simple and angular. the ladies even have pointy busts! it's very musical; the ladies sing to the boy as they bounce about on their sizeable bottoms. please help me find this crazy cartoon.

another one with a boy... newer than the first query where he plays the piano.. well the piano plays herself and the boy goes to a competition where she refuses to play because that would be cheating.

The one with the boy in dunce, did the boy have a dog? Did it have a song like " Me and my arrow straighter than narrow. Everywhere we go everyone knows it's me and my arrow." The movie that I am thinking of had a lot of songs in it. It's called "The Point".

Oct 26, 2007, 01:15 PM
    That's the one! Thanks everyone for your help!
    Avemtilla Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

May 3, 2008, 09:21 PM
    I don't thinkn this is the dragon movie your talking about, but it might be "flight of dragons"

The Flight of Dragons (1982)
    lilredrode0 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 09:22 AM
    The movie about the boy with the pointed hat is actually called "the point" great movie :)
    ritual Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2009, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixjourney View Post
    wow that was superfast! heaps thanks!!

I just remembered another random cartoon with dragons that 2 kids? a boy and girl befriend...it was like puff the magic dragon but not... there were several dragons that were nice and there was a bid red one that was their leader? it's sketchy
    I believe to be looking for the same movie. Did it involve the boy finding the dragons treasure cave full of old junk including 100 year old train tickets the boy later tries to use while the dragon ride on top of the train? Did also the dragons have a party in the woods, playing limbo and a fat dragon burrows his body into the ground to win?
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Sep 18, 2009, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ritual View Post
    I believe to be looking for the same movie. Did it involve the boy finding the dragons treasure cave full of old junk including 100 year old train tickets the boy later tries to use while the dragon ride on top of the train? Did also the dragons have a party in the woods, playing limbo and a fat dragon burrows his body into the ground to win?
    Sounds like you're looking for the movie YouTube - The Railway Dragon. (1989) Part 1.
    ritual Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2009, 05:16 PM
    Ahhhh... seems my memory hasn't served me so well... alas you were correct, this was the film I'd been searching for. Many thanks and my compliments on your great taste in animation.
    rinearb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 12:37 AM
    So really bazaar cartoon movie, all I remember are some characters, like this witch that was an abandoned and abused puppet, and in the whole movie she floats around as a red ball. And I think the main character is a unicorn, a baby one. And theirs a village and this weird yellow dragon. Need much help!
    justthisonce Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 12:37 AM
    So really bazaar cartoon movie, all I remember are some characters, like this witch that was an abandoned and abused puppet, and in the whole movie she floats around as a red ball. And I think the main character is a unicorn, a baby one. And theirs a village and this weird yellow dragon. Need much help!
    rinear24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 12:39 AM
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Jan 1, 2010, 10:27 AM
    Try,.

Unico In the Island of Magic

-----

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old 80's (maybe 70's) animated movie [ 3 Answers ]

OK, I can't remember what the movie is actually about, or what the characters look like ((except that the main hero is a young boy)), but I recall one scene in the movie where they (he and his two companions... I don't recall what they look like), have to perform certain unfesable tasks: One...

Hbo Movies late 70's Early 80's [ 4 Answers ]

A movie about a little boy and a drum

Need Titles of 80's or very early 90's animated movies (a challenge for u) [ 4 Answers ]

Ok these are going to be some hard ones because I don't have much to go on. 1. This one has to do with someone on some dark world where there is a storm or something coming in which u have to catch the train out of there before you get turned to stone... and the person has to get his or her...

2 Animated movies from the 80's I think. [ 2 Answers ]

Been searching for years, but I kind of suck at explaining The first one is set in pre historic times. It involves a one eyed T-rex that killed the boy's father or something The 2nd is set in space. It's a band of kids. One is a princess. One has a calculator that answers almost everything...

2 80's animated movies/series? Looking for titles. [ 1 Answers ]

I used to live in New Hampshire when I watched this movie/show and we had satellite so there is a good chance it is Canadian, as I remember watching the Raccoons and other shows like that. It is a vague memory, but I was 3 years old when I saw it, so :) No clue if it was a show, but I am more...

View more questions Search