Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peanut916 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2005, 12:00 AM
    Rent due-how long is grace period to pay?
    I heard that when rent is due,there is a 5 day grace period to pay before you can be charged late fees.
    My question is- Is the grace period 5 days including weekends or is it 5 working days excluding weekends and holidays.
    I live in an apt in the state of California.
    Thanks
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Sep 24, 2005, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by peanut916
    I heard that when rent is due,there is a 5 day grace period to pay before you can be charged late fees.
    My question is- Is the grace period 5 days including weekends or is it 5 working days excluding weekends and holidays.
    I live in an apt in the state of California.
    thanks
    There is no automatic grace period. If the lease says that rent is due on the first of the month, then that is the date it is due. Often a lease will provide that there will be a late charge if rent is not paid by the fifth of the month--in that case you are being given a 5-day grace period. But if the lease only says that late charges may be assessed if rent is not paid on time, without giving a specific number of days, then they may start charging the late fee on the second of the month. If you are given a specific grace period in your lease then it is regular days, not business days. It is business days only if the lease specifically says business days.
    slippydippydo Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2005, 01:09 PM
    If rent is due it is due, as the last poster correctly stated.

Grace periods for rent are an extension granted by an additional clause in the lease agreement.
    jrn1968 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 03:48 PM
    My landlord is charging me for new blinds for all the house. She had blinds that were over 10yrs old and now she replaced with new ones and deducted from my deposit. Is this something I shoulod have paid for?
    MollyCA101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 06:23 PM
    No, you should not have to pay for new blinds unless you damaged them beyond normal wear & tear

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A.L. Grace [ 9 Answers ]

I am reseaching a victorian artist by the name of A. L. Grace. I really need to know about this mans background, what his paintings might be worth and anything else that might be found interesting about him. I haven't been able to find out much about him. Thank You :)

Period lasting so long [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I went to the doctor and I figured out why my period was lasting so long. Now it stopped but I am now having a lot of discharge. The last time that happened I had a yeast build up now I can't keep going through this. I want to be free of all prolonged leakage. Can someone tell me what's going on...

Help with Grace [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone suggest an appropriate grace to be said before the wedding breakfast The bride and groom are in their earlythirties and Church of England. Any ideas

Fall from Grace for Lucifer [ 4 Answers ]

What book of the Bible discusses how and why Lucifer angel decided to go out on his own: what is the basic summary of what happened? Does the Bible describe this angel as the top angel and how was it that he decided to stray from God's word? It's a little confusing, as heavan and angels are...

Do I still have to pay rent? [ 1 Answers ]

I have received a letter from the landlords wife saying that she will try to keep all 8 properties that he owned, I talk to her personally and she said that she is trying to make ends meet as far as paying morgat and taxes out of her pocket, section 8 is not sending payments to her, As far as I'm...

View more questions Search