Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chelsie_andreasm Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2005, 07:21 PM
    Help please.. cannot download pictures from my digital camera
    What could be the problem when I try to download pics from my digital I suddenly cannot download. The camera window just keeps reading. No result. What could be the problem? It has hardware failure message? What hardware? My digital camera or something inside my computer? What is it? Please help asap..
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Sep 4, 2005, 12:26 AM
    Assuming the camera is in good working order, I would suggest that the problem is either:

1:Bad connection of cable at either end.

2:Faulty driver/software on computer.

The first one is quite difficult to diagnose unless you have more than one cable, just try re-connecting the cable.

The second one is more likely, try re-installing the drivers and software for the camera. Also if this doesn't work check the manual for the specific error message being shown. If this yields no results, email or speak to technical support at the camera manufacturers, its possible this is a common problem and they might have a standard solution.

Good luck
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2005, 05:51 AM
    Camera
    Hi,
    Some digital cameras can be a pain!
    Is your camera batteries fully charged?
    If so, as another post said, I would get out your sheet, or manual for installing your camera.
    Do exactly what the installation instructions say, and reinstall the software from the floppy, or the install CD, that came with the camera.
    Re-boot the computer, then try the camera again.
    Sometimes, these cameras stop working because the cameras' file(s) on the computer hard drive become corrupt.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 4, 2005, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chelsie_andreasm
    what could be the problem when i try to download pics from my digital i suddenly cannot download. the camera window just keeps reading. no result. what could be the problem? it has hardware failure message? what hardware? my digital camera or something inside my computer? what is it? please help asap..
    Hi Chelsie,
    A few points here. When asking a question the more info you give us the better we can diagnose the problem. If you get an error message it usually helps to see the EXACT message. If you are having a problem with hardware, let us know brand and model.

A I assume the camera was working and just stopped. If so, then as Stu said (and Fred just repeated and he often does) the problem is either in the cable or the software.

The first step should be to disconnect the camera, reboot the computer and reconnect the camera. If that doesn't solve the problem, open My Computer And scroll down to see if the camera is listed. If its not listed, then reinstall the software as you originally did. If it is listed, right click and select properties, then test the camera. Let us know the exact results.

Sep 6, 2005, 07:50 PM
    Already solved! Ty for all your help!

Sep 7, 2005, 05:36 AM
    already solved! ty for all your help!
    That's great! But can you let us know how it was solved? This may help other people who might encounter a similar problem. Also it might help the helpers give better answers.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2005, 08:35 AM
    Camera
    Hi,
    You are quite welcome. I hope something you read here helped you.
    Have a great day, and best wishes,
    fredg

Sep 7, 2005, 09:23 AM
    The hardware must be corrupted. I deleted and reinstalled it again. Then it works. Ty till next time.

Sep 7, 2005, 10:39 AM
    the hardware must be corrupted. i deleted and reinstalled it again. then it works. ty till next time.
    That usually indicated the drivers not the hardwarer was at issue. Reinstalling drivers is often a fix for such problems.
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2005, 04:51 AM
    Camera
    Hi,
    Glad you solved the issue for now. Some digital cameras' files can corrupt easily. I have seen some, such as older Nikon cameras, that would only work, downloading into the computer, for about 6 or 7 times, then the files (software) would have to be re-installed.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    LaraVibe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 07:15 AM
    It may be more than just the drivers. Sometimes, a person can have the same problem in various PC's.

Another solution would be once you setup the digital camera to the PC, go to the Control Panel-->Scanners and Cameras -->there you will find the connection to your digital camera. If you right-click on the camera icon, there is an option to Get Pictures. There you will be able to retrieve your pictures. If this option Get Pictures does not work, then go to the camera's properties. In the properties you will have an option to save the pictures directly to a folder. Pick My Pictures folder or any other folder you desire and save the options. Then try the Get Pictures again or reconnect the camera. The pictures will automatically copy to the chosen folder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Digital camera printing question [ 3 Answers ]

Which slot on the HP photosmart 3210 printer do I insert the memory card (or whatever it's called) from my Olympus digital camera? I've tried the upper & lower smaller ones on the right-side edge, but the little this won't go in. This is the first time I've used this question site, the first time...

Best Digital Camera for less than $500 [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking to purchase the best digital camera I can for less than $500. While I am especially taken by the features offered by the SONY MVC CD-350 (disc type) the sales people I have talked to seem to prefer the Fuji FinePix 55000 or the FinePix A310 which are both "stick type"?? Thanks. Ponton

Digital camera [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a goodmans g-shot 3003cc for xmas Have installed the drivers cd, there's a bit on iy which I ticked says "decode all supported fourccs(divx,dx50,mp4v) Have ticked this, when I plug the camera in , instructions say to open folder to veiw files using windows explorer , but this cannot...

Opinion on Pentax *ist DS Digital SLR Camera [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone out there purchased a Pentax *ist DS Digital SLR Camera recently. Do they like it? ;) Thank you from [email protected]

Could anyone suggest a good digital camera? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in, but oh well :) I'm looking for a decent digital camera. 4-5 megapixels, $400-$800 maybe :) I have looked at many but they all seem the same. I need something that will work with generic software, that doesn't store pics in a...

View more questions Search