Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BUNNYPOO4 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Is he Gifted?
    Since the age of 3 my son has spoke of Religion or anything to do with Religious aspects. One day he told my husband and I Jesus was standing right behind him. Then he went into this detailed discription of how Jesus was crucified. He descriped how he had a "nest" on his head. He physically showed us how he was crucified. Another time, he asked to play with my Nativity set I had out during the holidays... I said it was okay so long as he was careful. He told my husband and I of some story, he described what it was like when baby Jesus was born and that there was a war going on at the time and that it was very important that baby Jesus leave. He physically showed us how Mother Mary and Joshep and baby Jesus were leaving.

He has had no religious teachings of any sort nor has he been told of any biblical stories.

He also has this keen memory. He remembers when he had surgery for his double hernia. He even described what the surgical tools sounded like.

When he was 3 he had an imaginary friend. He talked and talked about.

And last year at preschool, for Career Day, he choose to dress as a Priest and said this is what he wanted to do when he grew up. That he was going to be the Pope or a Priest.

He is a very very passive child. In school, rather shy but gets along well with his peers. Although, he tends to enjoy the older crowd of kids...

He still expresses interests in Religion and often speaks of God.

Could my 5 year old be gifted in some way? Some of his complex questions on religion baffel us and we don't know how to answer...

Thank you
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Children retain cellular memories from their past lives. Children come into this life with a huge amount of knowledge too often parents discourage it, I think its wonderful that you find it so marvelous. Have you asked him how he knows so much? Listen and be open.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 09:01 AM
    You could have him tested.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 09:01 AM
    If I were his mother, I would give this a little more time, but meanwhile keep a journal (maybe in a wire-bound notebook) of dates, his comments and questions, your observations. After maybe three months of journal-keeping, read back over the entries. You may want to then consult a child psychologist or even a minister/priest for input as to what's going on in your son's head. He could be gifted, very observant of the world around him, a "sensitive" (picks up cues from people around him, etc.), has a fantastic memory -- any of those or all of those.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Aug 29, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Sounds like someone is teaching him religion when your not around. Maybe a baby sitter or grandparent that watches the child often.
    Varoth Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Sep 20, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Either he is the reincarnation of the pope, or the next jesus, or someone is teaching him religion behind your back. But apart from that he does sound like one smart cookie. Get him tested when you get him school. I got tested by teacher recommendation, so I don't know how you would go about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gifted Ld kids [ 7 Answers ]

How can a person be Gifted and have a learning disability?

Do you think my 5 year is gifted [ 11 Answers ]

Are you able to tell me if this is Asperger of Giftness Traits? My 5 year always been different since birth. Never slept through the night, very fussy, very picky with eat at birth. But now he's 5 years old and he's *Very demanding *Impatience *Emotionally sensitive *Curious of...

Gifted or not [ 10 Answers ]

My question is: I have a 6 year old daughter that I think is gifted... she started to walk at 9 -10 months old... went from sitting to walking... has been talking very clearly since 10 months and does everything ahead... I have told the school that I think she is gifted and nothing has been done...

Is my son gifted or not? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi can any one tell me if my 18month old son is girfted he sleeps inn a single bed doesn't like the cot we can understanted what he wants and he tell up what he what's he can tell us what a car a truck, motor bike and a plane are by the sound they make as they go pasted the house so is my son...

View more questions Search