Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    YARD MACHINE SERVANT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 07:49 AM
    MTD 14.5 HP Yard Machine will not crank
    I have a MTD Yard Machine with a 14.5 HP B & S engine model # 287707 0224-01. I have changed the battery, the air filter, and the spark plug, but it won't crank. It will turn over, but won't start. I took the filter off and started it and it spit out a fluid from the air intake. But when I put the air filter back on, it will not start again. HELP!!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 03:52 PM
    How is the condition of the filter?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mtd yard machine [ 2 Answers ]

My MTD 14.5 hp yard machine has been hard to start for a while. Turn the key and back off several times before it will start.. I replaced the ignition switch and the solenoid and now it does not even make a sound. What else could it be.

MTD Yard Machines belt drive [ 6 Answers ]

How do you change the drive belt on a MTD Yard Machine lawn tractor? The old one was shredded so I do not have a reference.

MTD Yard Machines tractor will not start [ 3 Answers ]

My MTD Yard Machines tractor with a 21hp motor and a 46in deck will not start. It had been working fine up until recently. However, since our last rain it has not started. I cover it with a large tarp to make sure the tractor does not get wet as I do not have a shed or garage to store it in. ...

Yard MAchine/MTD Rider Won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

OK. Normally, I would continue to tinker if it was one of my cars, but I have temporarily been outmatched. (HA) I have a YardMachine mower that has finally decided to stop and not start or run. It started three days ago and ran for 5 minutes. This was the first start of the year. It seemed to take...

13HP MTD Yard Machines Rider Won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

I would like your advice as to the next step I should take to get this mower going. It's a MTD 600 series rider from 2001 with a 13 HP Briggs (28T700). This machine ran a month ago but now it won't. The starter will engage the engine and it will "run" while the starter is engaged, but the engine...

View more questions Search