Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chignutt Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2005, 05:56 PM
    Melted shower drain
    I recently purchased a Zurn shower drain that is made form abs and tried to attach this to a 2" schedule 40 pvc pipe, but when I did the pvc cement melted the hub of the drain. What was the correct way to attach these similar plastics together?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 4, 2005, 07:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chignutt
    I recently purchased a Zurn shower drain that is made form abs and tried to attach this to a 2" schedule 40 pvc pipe, but when I did the pvc cement melted the hub of the drain. What was the correct way to attach these similar plastics together?
    You could have prevented this from happening by purchasing a $2.00 can of Oatey PVC/ABS Cement, This is a all purpose cement made for PVC and ABS joints. To check it out click on;
    http://store.watergardenweb.com/pvcabscement.html
    Good luck, Tom
    chignutt Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2005, 07:08 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quick response, I took your advice and everything work out great the second time around.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower Drain Help [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased a new shower stall and am having trouble fitting the new shower floor into the drain that housed the old shower floor. The new one says I need a 5" square opening to install the shower and the one that left over only has about a 3" opening. The old shower looks something like...

Shower leaking (shower drain pipe?) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I will apologize up front for my lack of knowledge in plumbing... but I know enough that I believe that I can fix this problem without having to add on the expense of calling a plumber. I noticed that there were a lot of ants coming into our bathroom. After laying traps and having no...

Rebuilding Shower - Leveling new shower drain? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have come to the postings to get some help as I am a novice plumber. I've gutted my ensuite tilled shower down to the floor. In whacking out the cement pan, and I assumed that I've probably cracked the old drain so when I got to the wood floor I cut away the older PVC 2" piping back...

Leaking of drain from shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

I noticed that my shower drain was leaking under house. I don't know much about plumbing but want to know what could cause this and how it can be fixed. Thanks

Converting cast iron floor drain to shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

I am adding a bathroom to my basement, which has partial (complete? ) plumbing already roughed into the floor (in 1976). Sewage lift station (vented) is 3 ft from 4" styrofoam plug (toilet), 4 ft from 1 1/2 inch cast male pipe end extending through floor (lav, have already added vertical vent...

View more questions Search