Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loripatrick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Dim lighting on Hampton Bay ceiling fan
    A friend installed an Edgemont transitional collection Hampton Bay ceiling fan w/light for me. The lighting is so incredibly dim, it is almost dark! This fan uses some type of LED light plate (no bulbs?). Is there something I'm missing in order to get brighter light? There is no remote control or dimmer switch. Thanks, Lori
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 01:18 PM
    How are the lights controlled?

It's possible the LED fixture is just dim by nature.
    loripatrick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Light is controlled only by an on/off chain or by the existing light stitch on the wall. This light is sooo dim, it's almost like a night light.
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 01:48 PM
    I'm not familiar with this model, but if you are only dealing with on/off switches, I guess it's just a dim light.
    rickdaniellucas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2010, 06:28 PM
    Hi Lori. I just spent the last 3hrs installing the same ceiling fan Edgemont 52" (Model 499 470) and I am sooooooo dissappointed with the darn light. My idea of a light on a fan is to be very bright & light up the room like daylight. If I want mood lighting, I put on the night table lights. I think I may take it down tomorrow & bring it back :-( Too bad cause I really like the design. I was browsing around for the last hour trying to see if I could find a bright "LED light plate" but I can't even find this article anywhere ! Rick.
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 11:26 PM

There are some threads here in this forum where people removed the LED lights and installed a regular bulb in place. It was no small amount of work.

All these energy efficient bulbs, some of them work well and I am very much in favor, but a lot are a major headache.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay: Can I remove the Lighting but keep the fan? [ 2 Answers ]

I just moved into a new place and the Hampton Bay fan in one of the rooms works fine, but the lights do not work. Since I do not like the lights, I was hoping that somehow I could take that piece off and keep the fan. Is that possible? Thanks so much.

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan: fan speed pull chain [ 2 Answers ]

The pull chain controlling the fan speed snapped off inside the unit. How much disassembly is required to replace it?

Hampton Bay ceiling fan - light will not dim [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with light and remote. Remote is model TC707ST, but I cannot see model number of fan. Installing contractor a year ago must have discarded manual. This lighted fan has worked perfectly before, but now when I use the remote to turn on and dim the light, it will...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Lighting Problem [ 3 Answers ]

My ceiling fan is giving off a very dim light. It is a Hampton Bay Brooksdale model. I have tried using various lightbulbs and various watts. When it was first purchased the lighting worked great but then all of the sudden the light just went dim. What and how can I fix this problem of poor...

Hampton Bay Fan Lighting Fixture heating up [ 8 Answers ]

I've installed 4 Hampton Bay fans with attached lighting fixutres and they all work fine except for the last one I installed. The lighting fixture gets really really hot after just a few minutes of operation and I can't figure why. This fan like the others is being installed in place of an...

View more questions Search