Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 31, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Sorry, but NK's claim is neither crap, stupid or false. One definition of a shil is:

a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty

Now doesn't that describe what you are doing? Now I will state, that there is a more pejorative definition that implies dishonesty. So I can understand your ire in being referred to as a shill.
    ibofightback Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 02:03 PM
    I may be wrong, but I'm pretty certain NK wasn't using the world "shill" in a manner simply to indicate I'm an (unpaid) supporter of Amway.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Yes I was.
    ibofightback Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 02:19 PM
    And using a term that is normally meant in a derogatory way adds what to the conversation? It was pretty obvious I'm an Amway supporter from the post, wasn't it?
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 03:32 AM
    IBOfightback, Do you make enough money not work? At which level are you e.g Platinum, etc..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2007, 05:44 AM
    Well I love their products, know people making money selling it, and know it is like any MLM product, a lot of people don't understand the hard work involved in selling and for every 100 that start seldom does 1 stay in it and do it.

*** This is a unpaid endorcement but I am low on washing powder if my salespersons reads this.
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 02:17 AM
    Fr-Chuck, so you do like the products?
    trueblooe Posts: 31, Reputation: -9

Sep 11, 2007, 02:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by benn11
    Does anyone know anything about Amway corp? It stands for american way started in 1959, and claims to make a lot of people wealthy by only redirecting they shopping from traditional buying to buying from your "own" business and introducing other people to the business.
    You will get a lot richer by doing hard work and you will not loose you friends by inviting them a to amway meeting good luck you will need that and by the way don't say you are not interested in the product they are designed to wait for that answer and counter it
    Try saying to the guy or girl who is trying to suck you in it is a great product but I am real busy at the moment and don't have time to sell it you will save your sanity and your friends
    guam Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 02:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by benn11
    Does anyone know anything about Amway corp? It stands for american way started in 1959, and claims to make a lot of people wealthy by only redirecting they shopping from traditional buying to buying from your "own" business and introducing other people to the business.
    Well, out here on guam, we do have Amway distributors. If I am not mistakened, Amway has been going by the name of Quickstar for the past couple of years. My sister Rosemarie (dec.), was an Amway member. She has built a house with the money that she had earned in her business. I'm not going to lie to you, but it doe 'take money to make money.' You must invest some of your own capital to establish your business in Amway. Amway is about selling basic commodaties. I have grown up watching my mother and my sister work on their 'Amway thingy' on the along side their full-time jobs. I think of it in the perspective of 'Myspace.' The more people that start up their own shares under you, the more commission you will get. It's all a matter of building your matrix of partners. I hope I was of any help to you.
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 03:21 AM
    So, your sister is doing good for herself Ha?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 13, 2007, 06:02 AM
    Yes, I do love their products, I use their water filters every day for my drinking water, and have used their washing detergent for years.
    I think I even have some of their cleaning products somewhere.

And I think they are a great company.
    Now with that said, most people are not going to make a lot of money selling it, but it is like AVON or Mary Kay, they all are good companies, have good products and the average perrson makes a few dollars.

The super sales person, who may also get rich selling life insurance or real estate may also get rich selling any of these, since a great sales person is just that.
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 06:18 AM
    So the secret is good salesmanship?
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Benn,

Having spent a good part of my life in sales I've learnt that people buy from people not from companies.. at least that's how it used ot be before the anonymous nature of the internet took over. So yes, you need salesmanship for sure. There is a lot more competition out there than in the old days of going to people's houses for a demo.
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 06:39 AM
    How do you develop your salesman skills? Do you have to read books or is it trial and error?
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2007, 06:47 AM
    It helps to be an extrovert and have good self-confidence to begin with. You can learn some techniques but please don't become those salespeople that try to manipulate the buyer. I got out because cold calling became something I was uncomfortable with.
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 07:18 AM
    But did you ever enjoy it? Where you a door-to-door type of salesman?
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2007, 07:58 AM
    I would never be a door-to-door salesman for the simple reason that I don't like them coming to my house uninvited to sell me stuff - I try not to be a hypocrite. I sold fairly high-end databases of industry standards before the web hit it big.
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 10:46 PM
    I also don't like door-to-door selling
    birdie777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 11:12 PM
    Let me ask you this... If you really, really wanted to take a cruise to Hawaii, would you take it on a beautiful, luxurious cruise ship, despite the fact that it has Gigantic holes in the hull?? NO.

It is a sinking ship... the Queen Mary hasn't set sail in years for a reason. Despite the success it may have had in the years past, it now has many holes and is a sinking ship.
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2007, 07:20 AM
    So you saying that Amway is a sinking ship?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amway, Quixtar. Good or bad? [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know if it's a good idea to join the amway quixtar team? Or is it a fraud? Please help.

View more questions Search