Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afshaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 11:23 PM
    Decayed teeth of 15 month old boy
    My son is 15 months old and has got 4 teeth but one of his teeth has turned black and is decaying I don't know the reason and I'm really worried please help me what should I do.he is also teeting for his other teeths.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2007, 11:33 PM
    Have you gone to a dentist? I would go to a dentist. Nobody here can tell you what's going without a thorough examination, and none of us can do that over the internet, so you should see someone who can and is an expert, the dentist.
    greyraven Posts: 18, Reputation: -5

Sep 3, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Is your little one allowed to feed (ie breast feed) on demand?
    My son had the same problem, and we were afraid of going to the dentist for a long time, until later on when he developed an abcess. We practice "attachment parenting" and were afraid of getting flak from the dentist.
    Well we did get a bit of flak from one dentist, but we tried another and he was completely unfazed by it (this was a doctor practising in a University setting, which may have made a difference).

Basically he said that the tooth turning black meant that the decay was over for that particular tooth. It was ugly though, so he filled it in with dental epoxy, it looked much better.

Good luck!

GreyRaven
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 06:50 PM
    This happened to my first son who was not yet two years old. I finally took him to a children's dentist who was very used to seeing a problem like this. He filled the tooth and, since it was a baby tooth, put a chrome crown on it. That was back in 1973. I'm sure children's dentistry has greatly progressed since then. Like greyraven said, the dentist will fix the tooth and make it look white again with a special covering that will last until your child loses the tooth and gets the permanent one.

Don't feel sad or delay. Make an appointment so that your child doesn't suffer or have pain. (I felt soooooooo good when my son's tooth was fixed!)
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 08:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by greyraven
    Is your little one allowed to feed (ie breast feed) on demand?
    My son had the same problem, and we were afraid of going to the dentist for a long time, until later on when he developped an abcess. We practice "attachment parenting" and were afraid of getting flak from the dentist.
    Well we did get a bit of flak from one dentist, but we tried another and he was completely unfazed by it (this was a doctor practising in a University setting, which may have made a difference).

Basically he said that the tooth turning black meant that the decay was over for that particular tooth. It was ugly though, so he filled it in with dental epoxy, it looked much better.

Good luck!

GreyRaven
    Do you realize the extra pain you may have caused your son because you were AFRAID of what the dentist may say?? Sometimes I just wonder about some folks.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 08:08 PM
    I too have had this happen with our last son. He had used formula, then whole milk and juice. When we first noticed the teeth turning color we got on the phone and found a pediatric dentist. The dentist says that the decaying coloration was more than likely due to the fruit juices not being diluted with water in the ratio of 50% water, and 50% juice. So it was really no ones fault as the doctor did not tell us to dilute the juice with water. Now we have a different pediatrician. And yes , you could say the doctor should have told us. But what's done is done and trying to make the doctor responsible would not have changed the outcome any. And so many people will not forgive someone for something, and try and sue them. Well I am not that way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nanny of 4 month old boy [ 6 Answers ]

I am going to be the nanny of a 4 month old boy. I need some help and advice on how to take care of him. Im 21 I used to babysit when I was 17 and 18 but I don't remember a whole lot, and the youngest I ever took care of was 4 years old. When do I change his diaper? How do I burp him? Help please!

Landlord Requireing 60 day notice to vacate on Month to Month Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I've lived in this apartment for 4 years. For the past year we have been going month to month, as we anticipated we might need to move out when we purchased a condo. Well, we got the condo, and now need to close in 1 month, yet the management in our apartment complex tells us we need to give...

Month to Month Contract (Security Deposit and 30 day Notice) [ 2 Answers ]

In the State of Ohio is it true the tenant has to give 30 days notice when they are moving out and the landord has to give 30 days notice when asking them to move out? If they do not give 30 days do they lose their security deposit?

Delaware month to month tenant notification of moving out [ 2 Answers ]

Information on the Delaware notification of intent to vacate premises for month to month Tenants. Property management office states you need to give them sixty day notice And then I heard you only have to get a 30 day notice which is it. :confused: royal

9 month lab teeth cleaning [ 2 Answers ]

My 9 month black lab has got one really bad tooth. He has nylabones that he chews on a regular basis only on one side of his mouth. The other side seems to have everything stick to it. One tooth in particular is really bad in terms of plaque on it... any suggestions for keeping his teeth clean?

View more questions Search