Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 12:26 AM
    Friend4u sticky comments
    Oh! My God! That was brilliant.

Let’s hope everyone hurting from relationship fallout reads it.

I wish you a wonderful life from here on in.
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Aug 29, 2007, 06:21 AM
    Very good post, reading this now shows how far I am in my recovery and it's been. For the newbies, it's been 7 months for me and now I'm finally getting to better place in my heart. It's taking longer because I choose to suffer and didn't take advice at first.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 06:25 AM
    This is wonderful! Required reading for all who stop here.

Thank you so much for pulling this together.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 29, 2007, 06:52 AM

WoW, That is like a "One-Size-Fits-All" heartwarming proclamation.

I wish this could be popped up every time someone places a new post related to the subject.

Have you thought about writing a book?
    clarityseeker Posts: 61, Reputation: 43

Aug 29, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Friend4U - woooooooow. This is a true masterpiece. And such a valuable post for people to turn to when they need a reminder that how they're feeling and acting in those dark desperate times is normal. Thanks so much for this.
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Aug 29, 2007, 12:37 PM
    That was a great post!! BRAVO, BRAVAAA... lol
    It really made me think, as I'm sure it will others:)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Thanks all , I suppose if it helps just a few people it will be worth the read. Maybe we could add a few things if I have missed them out and I can edit it a bit. :-)
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Aug 29, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Amazing And Spot On!!
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 01:42 PM
    Great post, its all here!
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

Aug 30, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Funny enough I didn't get thin after the breakup, instead I got fat, its only now that I'm starting to get into shape again, another reason to hate the lol
    zinny Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Your words speak volumes into my situation as everybody else whose ever experienced a break up or the likes! Don't know how you'd take this but you've blessed me so much with this! Food for though for realz man!

It must come from somebody who has experienced the thick and thin of that situation!

Much appreciated:):):)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 11:23 PM
    Thanks Zinny , I'm glad I was able to "Bless" someone with this post :-)
    daisydew Posts: 75, Reputation: 14

Aug 31, 2007, 12:08 AM
    Love it! Thanks so much for this. It helps me realize how far I've come : )
    huggis1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 4

Aug 31, 2007, 01:22 AM
    This wonderful piece of literature should have its own site. When people Google the words "Break-up advice" this is what they should read first. It might stop those greedy people who charge money for advice books on the subject.
    I cannot praise this enough.
    Thanks so much.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 02:47 PM
    You absolutely nailed it.
    MissingHim2Much Posts: 252, Reputation: 37

Aug 31, 2007, 11:08 PM
    Hi friend, sorry it took me so long to respond. I think I was afraid of it at first. It hit so close to home that I kind of ran the other way. Does that make sense? I'm still in somewhat of a denial state. And getting better still seems so far away. But it does give me hope and I do long for that day. I do read the posts on here and I see the new ones and I think that was me 5 weeks ago. I know I've made some progress (very little it seems) but some. And it's all THANKS TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU!! You are an inspiration to the broken hearted that can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks Hon
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Absolutely fantastic post, one of the best I have seen on here for a long time. I and many, many others on here are proof that this is all true and that there is light at the tunnel at the end. I like this part in particular:

'It's only nanobits that it dies down by. But everyday it will get slowly better'.

That is a really precise and appropriate description of how the process works and while it is different for everyone, it takes time and time means many months, 3, 6, 9 or even 12 months. Everyone is different and there are many factors to consider in how long it takes. What amazes me about this post is the absolute truth about how it all works, the grief process and the predictability of it. That is not to say that all will follow the exact patterns but that there is some consistency in what we do and how we cope. I speak for myself and I speak in terms of what I have seen both in the real world ( so to speak) and here on AMHD (and I have been checking in long enough here to recognise the signs and symptoms).

Anyone who is confused as to whether what they are feeling or what they are doing is right or wrong should really read this post thoroughly and check back on it in say, 9 months time, when he or she is feeling more emotionally healthy.

A final point I would like to make is that you do have some control on how you grieve but you don't have full control, some of the process is what is within you and will kind of drive you through it.. Hard to really explain but it is important to realise that one has only limited control over the way he or she deals with it.

I wish all the newbies the best in their road to recovery, because that is exactly what it is.
    MayMsredrose Posts: 189, Reputation: 13

Sep 2, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Wonderful post... it touched my heart... I loved it all especially that part when you said
    " Remember the person you were when you first met your ex and get that person back. And the universe will take care of the rest." I have been trying to get myself back but I could not am unable to... I feel like dead person... it has been 8 years now since I break up with him... I dated other people (4 guys) but it did not work... what do you think is missing?

Thank you again so much for this wonderful post.

Ms. Redrose
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Sep 2, 2007, 06:26 AM
    On chick I broke up with started a process of change that turned me into a far better and wiser person when she dumped me.
    Its funny, I spent several months trying to improve myself, to fix up the shortcomings and the issues that had caused the breakup, and when I saw her again, I ended up going out with her best friend lolz
    You can get hurt, dumped, cheated on, your heart broken, your spirit crushed, you can feel such despair and self hate because of that other person, but in the end, you can see all but one person, when you look back, as life experiences, teachers, practice, part of your attempt to find yourself in others. Its okay to get dumped, to break up, to get heartbroken, to get trod on, as long as you get back up and learn from the experience, as long as you get just that little bit closer to your one true love, its worth it.
    Because really, in the end, a break up just narrows down your search.

Brilliant post friend4u, great to see such a smart person posting such an intelligent and useful post, that could possibly be referred to in the future for people with applicable issues in their lives.
    It's a great bit of advice, one that maybe should be kept on hand to be linked for break up related questions.
    Looking forward to your future posts.
    justhaveaquestion Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

Sep 2, 2007, 03:02 PM
    I Totalllly Agreeee!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What should I expect? [ 6 Answers ]

What should I expect in midle schol?

Dumped for your best friend or dumped for your best enemY? [ 10 Answers ]

Which is worse and why?:(

If you get dumped make sure they feel dumped. [ 76 Answers ]

CAN YOU WIN HER BACK? NO action required. It's only her that determines that... the less you do. The more you do. ReallyIf everyone here followed this maybe more would find they do get there ex back!! And maybe even more will find out that they won't be coming back a lot more quick than...

What To Expect? [ 4 Answers ]

Can Your Be At All The Airports If You Been Accused Of Using Some One Else Name To Get A Credit Card, And Also Use The Credit Card?

What should I expect [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Wyoming and just told my husband that I wanted to file for a divorce. We have a 14 month old son and I don't want him to get custody. My husband is an over the road truck driver and wants to buy his own big rig so I know that he is not going to get a place of his own to live in with our...

View more questions Search