Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 03:50 PM
    This was so well written, and to the point, I have made it a sticky, on the relationship forum, for all to read who come here.
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Sep 2, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Ahhhh Friend! Your advice to the lovelorn is the pinnacle of achievement. It should be required reading.
    Sparkle1 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 07:45 PM
    This is a comment for the part about getting back together and the relationship being tarnished, that is SO true! I took my b/f back after breaking up with him. He begged me for months so I gave in. Our relationship sucked and we stuck it out for a whole year that way. The only thing that kept us together was the sex, that got better and better but he treated me horribly for leaving him and seemed to punish me for it, or maybe inside just never forgave me. :-( We just broke up the other day, I finally left again. For good this time. What a waste.
    Dave1986 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Sep 3, 2007, 05:33 AM
    When you say he begged for months? How long? How long was you togetehr sparkle?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 06:56 PM
    I'm so glad this was made a sticky. That was going to be my suggestion after reading it but Tal already seen its tremendous value.

This is the best post I have seen in regards the process (and that what it is) after a break up.

Anyone who think this isn't how it works is kidding them self I think and still in denial.

So well written and spot on. It shows what a mature and well grounded person you must be friend4u. You should be proud of yourself for taking the time to offer such wonderful and heartfelt advice. Well done again!
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 06:57 PM
    And you're an Aussie I'm assuming.

We are the most intelligent people in the world and this just proves it! ;)
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    And you an Aussie im assuming.

We are the most intelligent people in the world and this just proves it!! ;)
    So... how about the asians?:confused:
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 07:09 PM
    We have many asians in Australia nicespringgirl. They are smart too.

For the record I was only joking... Sort of :)
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 07:20 PM
    I knew you were, and yes, the post is great and you guys seem like very mature persons as well.:)

P.S.I am getting better on picking up jokes in english now;)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Yes we have many pretty and intelligent Asians girls in Australia :-)
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 07:40 PM
    Just out of interest friend4u, where in Australia you from?
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Sunny Sydney :-) And you?
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    This was so well written, and to the point, I have made it a sticky, on the relationship forum, for all to read who come here.
    Thanks Tal I appreciate that coming from you , you helped me out a lot a few weeks ago. Can you just explain exactly what the "Sticky" thing is all about , I'm fairly new here as you know. Thanks
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 09:55 PM
    Just up the F3 in Newcastle.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 10:00 PM
    Only up the Road ay , small world :-)
    trujew Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Uggghh... I feel miserable since my recent break up with my boyfriend but after reading this, at least I know I am not alone and that I am not the only one doing strange things, i.e. text messages, phone calls, emails,etc. Even thought about driving to his house and sitting on his front steps until he got home (how pathetic, huh)?

Thanks though for writing this, it did make a difference and I know time will heal but it seems like everyday life moves in SLOW MOTION! I can't wait to go to bed every day now. My time is literally my own now and sometimes I just feel so uncomfortable being alone. But maybe its all good though because I can learn more about myself and learn to create my own happiness within myself and not rely on others to do that.

Thanks again!

Be happy, be well.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 4, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178
    Thanks Tal I appreciate that coming from you , you helped me out a lot a few weeks ago. Can you just explain exactly what the "Sticky" thing is all about , I'm fairly new here as you know. Thanks
    Just as I was cruising along being my wonderful self, you ask a question I can't answer and, am stuck on stupid!!! Indulge me while I find out. I do know you're the first sticky since I got here on this relationship forum, so please let that hold you until I get UNSTUCK.:eek:
    Inspired Posts: 178, Reputation: 22

Sep 4, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Wow!!
    madaman Posts: 212, Reputation: 25

Sep 4, 2007, 10:23 PM
    I had to register just to thank you for this post. It was all stuff I knew from a previous relationship, but seeing it written down really helps. I was on a major downward swing yesterday and when I woke up today but reading this has fixed that.

My situation is slightly different, she was texting/phoning(or more) some guy from her work behind my back and I found out, I still miss her like hell but I know I couldn't take her back. I still go through the "i wish we could be back together" but I realize its impossible after what she did. If only the rational voice stuck around for more than an hour a day!
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Stick with us here Madaman and you can get not only some great advise but also some great insight by reading other peoples posts. Why not tell us your story in your own post?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What should I expect? [ 6 Answers ]

What should I expect in midle schol?

Dumped for your best friend or dumped for your best enemY? [ 10 Answers ]

Which is worse and why?:(

If you get dumped make sure they feel dumped. [ 76 Answers ]

CAN YOU WIN HER BACK? NO action required. It's only her that determines that... the less you do. The more you do. ReallyIf everyone here followed this maybe more would find they do get there ex back!! And maybe even more will find out that they won't be coming back a lot more quick than...

What To Expect? [ 4 Answers ]

Can Your Be At All The Airports If You Been Accused Of Using Some One Else Name To Get A Credit Card, And Also Use The Credit Card?

What should I expect [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Wyoming and just told my husband that I wanted to file for a divorce. We have a 14 month old son and I don't want him to get custody. My husband is an over the road truck driver and wants to buy his own big rig so I know that he is not going to get a place of his own to live in with our...

View more questions Search