Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mastiffdog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2005, 07:51 AM
    Prewired Ceiling Fan Wall Switch?
    This is my first post. I am installing a Minka Aire fan.

The wall switch unit that came with the fan controls the fan speed and lighting. The home is pre-wired for a fan. At the wall, two black wires are available for the switch unit, and the good news is that the unit has two black wires and a green ground coming from it.

On the switch unit, each black wire has a warning tag on it. One says, ""to power supply, do not connect to neutral white" and the other black wire says, "to fan, do not connect to neutral white".

My question is: for the two black wires coming from the wall, how do I know which of the black wires goes to the "to fan" or "to power supply"?

Thanking you in advance for your help.
    mastiffdog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2005, 12:05 PM
    Installation is complete and works fine. Thanks.

DOG

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Ceiling Fan to Wall Switch [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to connect my ceiling fan to a wall switch for operation. House wiring is black, copper, white and red; Fan wiring is black, green, white and blue. I connected black-black, white-white, green-green-copper, blue-red; the wall switch does not appear to power the fan... any...

Wall Speed control on old ceiling fan install new with pull switch [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old celing fan purchased in the 80's with a wall mount speed control knob. I purchased a Hampton Bay, Huntinton III 522-306 3 speed control with a pull chain. When installing the unit the fan does not work. I have a white wire, a black wire, a blue wire for the light and a ground...

Removed switch, hole in wall plate [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I removed a switch from a circuit inside a 3-gang box. Now I have a hole in my switch plate. I'm assuming there's something I can find that will be a kind of "dummy switch" and basically cover the hole in the switch plate from the inside. Does anyone know if such a thing exists, and if so...

View more questions Search