Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjr Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Sep 3, 2005, 07:19 AM
    Partitioned off?
    I have a dell L550r with 4g , and I'm running windows xp.
    I believe that the previous owner partitioned off some of the hard drive how do I find out ? And if they did how do I undo it?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 3, 2005, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tjr
    I have a dell L550r with 4g , and I'm running windows xp.
    I believe that the previous owner partitioned off some of the hard drive how do I find out ? and if they did how do I undo it?

4G of what? If it's a 4G hard drive that's surprising on a WIN XP machine. If its 4G of RAM that's a lot.

There should be a tag number on the Dell. You can log into their site to see what the machine was configured with. Another good place to get info about your system is www.belarc.com. Download and run their Advisor for a comprehensive inventory of your system.

If partitions were created, then there should be multiple drive letters; each drive letter representing a partition.

If it is partitioned I would recommend leaving it that way. I partion my systems in at least 3 partitions as a rule. I have one partitions just for the operating system, one for data and one for programs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hdd partitioned? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. I have 2 hdd. One disk is drive c the other one is drive d. is this what you call partition? Can I put a password on the other drive (drive d) so I'm the only one who can access it? Thanks..

View more questions Search