Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alishawadi Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2007, 04:29 PM
    How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work?
    How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work?
    They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Touch screens can use one of 3 technologies that I know of:

1. Your actually pushing on a transparent metallic contact like (ITO or ZnO)
    2. Your finger is changing the capacitance of a particular area of the screen. Again, transparent contacts are used.
    3. There is an infared grid of sensors and receivers on the face of the CRT. Putting yor finger in the way blocks a X and Y co-ordinate(s).

Most now are likely technology #2.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 28, 2007, 05:47 PM
    I'm glad someone answered her plea for help. She's posted the same question on four forums, them split...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in NH, work for MA company, if relocated to work from home, what about taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is the situation: I currently live in NH and work for a MA company. So far I have been filing as non-resident MA tax. I have a possibility to relocate to my home in NH instead of the office in MA. Here are my questions: 1. Will MA taxes still be deducted from my pay? 2. Should I...

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

View more questions Search