Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karmenjames Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Home improvement assistance
    Is there a good reliable source for home improvement grants for a disabled person just beginning the process of becoming unable to care for self? Needing help with turning home into wheelchair and hospital bed suitable?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 28, 2007, 02:38 PM
    It all depends where you are. Ontario has some good Grants within the March of Dimes, etc. One of my clients just had her house re-invented for wheelchair accessible and it is quite lovely from what it was before. It was a complete renovation.

I would suggest you explore on line or phone your MP and find out from his office, sources to ask.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2007, 02:51 PM
    If you are living in the U.S. there are regional Community Action Agencies that do low income, home improvement projects.

Here is a site that states they provide home improvement grants - Home Improvement Grants, Home Improvement Grants, Home Grant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home improvement [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there I am having problem removing ceramic tile from the soft partiton wall as I don't want to apply force to avoid plaster board demage any recommendation I thought heat gun might be an idea but haven't tried yet advice any easy method Secondly how to take off gloss enemal from a warnish...

Electrical home improvement [ 1 Answers ]

What is the cost of converting fuse box to circuit breakers.

Interior home improvement [ 4 Answers ]

How high should a chair rail go on a wall when it is in a living room?

Home improvement business [ 2 Answers ]

I am considering starting a home improvement business in Connecticut , I already know how to get a contractors license but I would like to know what the average cost of liability insurance and workers compensation insurance is and is it possible to make monthly payments. I have equipment but need...

Home improvement and depreciation [ 3 Answers ]

In 2005, I made an improvement to my home (built a deck). I also rent out two rooms in my home. I depreciate the portion of the home rented. Am I required to depreciate the expenses for this home improvement? Or is depreciation on home improvement optional? Thank you

View more questions Search